Nfu.Oh Gelist polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlushBeauty1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this gel polish? My friend uses it and loves it, she prefers it to shellac but when I did a search on here nothing has come up. Just wanted some other opinions before i purchase it.

I'd be interested in this too. Anyone??:rolleyes:

I got an email from the UK distributors when they launched it and had a look on the website GELIST - Gel Polish at Affiniti

I currently use Gelish and it would take a lot to make me switch, and I feel I would need more information on this product than is given.
Is it just UV cured, if so will it just be with any 36 watt lamp, or can it be LED cured? What are the cure times, and how is removal?

The colours look good, as with all Nfu.Oh products though ;)

Hiya

I found a spanish video on Youtube which shows Gelist Step by Step... my spanish is limited by I can make out it's either a 36W UV lamp OR LED cured.. you can work out the timings as they are given as numbers in the text.

Paso a paso gel esmaltado de Nfu Oh GELIST - YouTube

I was wondering more if anyone had tried it and could say how well it lasts and how it compares to other gel polishes etc.

My friends boss is the uk distributor but she doesn't get any commission she just prefers the polishes, you get so much choice in colours! I'll try it out and let you all know what I think, I'll also find out about the lamps etc x

Just wanted to give you all an update, I went to salon on Friday to test out the gel polish and it's still on with no signs of coming off any time soon. Seems very easy to apply and goes on in thin layers (same as shellac). I'm going to see how long it lasts but definitely going to get it, just need to think what colours to get now!! X

Wow! I just love the bottles! How cool are they?

We retail some of the Nfu-Oh polish range and everyone loves the bottles, its quite rare here too.

I stocked it on a whim as I liked the bottles too and it was a winner. I was looking at the Getlist just last night actually but probably stick to Shellac for now but be interested to hear how it turns out.

I just got my gellist in the mail! I only ordered top and base and pastel pink and pastel yellow (the pastel blue was sold out ). I'll try them out tomorrow on myself first but So far just looking at it the pigments look well mixed! Not like the Opi gel color where u have to stir.

Last edited:
I can't wait to get mine now :) x

I can't wait to get mine now :) x

Hiya,

Can you tell me how you are getting on with the gelist. I am currently using Shellac but want to offer another range of colours etc. Can't decide between gelist and gelish so your opinion would be much appreciated. Thanks xxx

I would really like to try Gelist. The lack of advertising for it has made me a bit dubious though! The website doesnt have picture for half the colours so its impossible to actually see what they are like and Affinity doesnt seem to be putting much effort into selling them, even after joining their facebook page, there are hardly any picture and no updates for ages making me wonder if they are going to offer much support as a supplier :sad:

I was a happy NFU.oh user for a while and still buy bits and bobs off them now but to change my gel polish range over is a big step and i'm a bit worried about why they have been so very very quiet in recent days.....?

I must be a sucker for a pretty face but those bottles are awesome! Definately gonna have to have a little play with these! Im so easily persuaded hahahah :D

Hi I use nfu oh Gelist and love it as do my clients. Affiniti are the uk distributor and not all of the colours are available to view on the website but when I spoke to them they sent me a picture with all the colours an I ordered from this. The people at affiniti are really helpful so of you give them a call I'm sure they will be please to help you. If you have any queries about Gelist feel free to ask me. Katie xx

I have just ordered £170 on 4 colours, base and top coat etc so hope they are ok! I struggled to choose colours as a lot of them didn't come up in the pictures but I googled and found a picture that way.

I do love Shellac but I have a couple of clients that I think a gel colour would suit better due to the kind of work they do! Does anyone know how long Affiniti orders take to arrive roughly? And is it typically the same pep and application as Shellac? Xxx

I know 2 people who have bought £240 worth of this product and they're both really unhappy with it. I don't know how much to say as I don't want to break any rules on here :S They're both fully trained and have been to the distributors directly to get the product. They've got the correct lamps and procedures but it'd be pretty shocking if it was bad batches as they bought them within months of each other. Sorry to say as I love NFU oh acrylics :(

You have to remove the shine for this also which is different from shellac.

I know 2 people who have bought £240 worth of this product and they're both really unhappy with it. I don't know how much to say as I don't want to break any rules on here :S They're both fully trained and have been to the distributors directly to get the product. They've got the correct lamps and procedures but it'd be pretty shocking if it was bad batches as they bought them within months of each other. Sorry to say as I love NFU oh acrylics :(

Oh dear! Hope I have done the right thing then! Was a toss up between that and gelish but had read some good reviews online about gelist, mainly from America. Fingers crossed xx

Well my Gelist came today! To say I only ordered Tues late afternoon I was quite impressed. I have done my daughters toes and it seems very easy to apply. It feels very much like polish and I needed 3 coats to get a good coverage with one of the colours! I only ordered 4 bright pink colours as clients do get bored of the Shellac ones and a few of my clients will only have bright pinks (everytime).

I will update on how it wears. The bottles are very big so probably works out similar to Shellac as they are more expensive. The procedure is slightly different as I rung the company I ordered from and they talked me through it. Happy so far anyway. Xx

Latest posts

Back