nightmare client for my exam!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
Ive gotta tell you all this classic I had the other day for my summative exam at college.
We had to bring our own clients in and then swop them over!!

I ended up having a real pain in the arse for an eyelash perm, brow tint and shape.
The woman just wouldnt sit still, she continuosly sctatched he nose, chin, eyes, rearanging the towel accross her chest, uncrossed her legs.
she kept saying ooohhh sorry, im a nightmare arnt i? , oh its your exam as well!!!) What I relly wanted to say was ' keep still for f***s sake!!' but i did keep my cool.

The best part was after i got her perm rods in perfectly, she decided she wanted to go to the toilet... thanks... the assesser ( who was loverly ) had to come over and told me I had to take the rods out and re apply them when she eventually came back.

Then the fidgeting continued, and when I started plucking her brows,she kept opening her eyes and staring at me, i kept asking her to close them,then her mobile went off, she answered it as well, she kept rubbing her eyelids, ooh they are itchy, so i performed an eyebath, just to add more stress.
Has anyone had anything like this happen to them??

Carrie xx

Bet you will get a merit for that assessment cos you deserve itxxxxx:hug:

Aww Carrie, what a nightmare :hug:! I'm going to study beauty therapy soon so hope this doesn't happen to me, lol.

Who brought her in as a client? What were they thinking? And how rude to answer her phone in the middle of an exam!

i think she was out of order to be honest...she knew this was your exam and that it was important and was treating it like a joke.

how would she have felt if it was her future someone was pissing about with...

I know some clients can be twitchy but you'd think that as this was your exam she could have tried a bit harder.

When I was at college we had a three hour beauty practical exam. Everyone brought a client in and they all swapped round. Now we were supposed to tell them not to wear any makeup, but my lady very kindly decided to wear waterproof mascara and I had to do an eyelash tint as part of the exam. Could I get the flippin' stuff off? No, I think she'd glued it onto her lashes. After about 15 minutes of faffing around with it the examiner just told me not to worry about it, but it put me behind for the entire rest of the exam. Talk about stress, I think I lost about a stone in weight that day!!

So yes, I know exactly where you're coming from, and I feel for you! I think you deserve extra marks for patience too! Well done for keeping your temper and not slapping the daft moo.

When I was at college we had a three hour beauty practical exam. Everyone brought a client in and they all swapped round. Now we were supposed to tell them not to wear any makeup, but my lady very kindly decided to wear waterproof mascara and I had to do an eyelash tint as part of the exam. Could I get the flippin' stuff off? No, I think she'd glued it onto her lashes. After about 15 minutes of faffing around with it the examiner just told me not to worry about it, but it put me behind for the entire rest of the exam. Talk about stress, I think I lost about a stone in weight that day!!

So yes, I know exactly where you're coming from, and I feel for you! I think you deserve extra marks for patience too! Well done for keeping your temper and not slapping the daft moo.

Christ. what a nightmare for you!!! the silly woman, i just think some people just dont know how to behave and are so bloody thoughtless!!!

Aww Carrie, what a nightmare :hug:! I'm going to study beauty therapy soon so hope this doesn't happen to me, lol.

Who brought her in as a client? What were they thinking? And how rude to answer her phone in the middle of an exam!

yep the girl on my course is very much like her in character, a bit rough around the edges and very unprofessional!!! this girl was practicing puting perm rods in my eyes a few weeks agao, she put one in wrong, so she just pulled it out, just like that!!

she probably didnt realise how much minor things [to her] can affect your concentration. i think when you are on the receiving end of the treatment, it all looks so easy.

it certainly toughens you up for the realworld though, you are bound to get clients like her again some day :irked:

well done for getting through it :hug:

she does sound quite a nuisance

but hey at least you experienced what some clients can be like

Latest posts

Back