Nightmare client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
Hello there just wanted everyone's oppinion on something.

So I had a lady a few weeks ago come in and enquire about getting a micro weft fitted in her hair - more so for thickness than length. She said I had fitted a close friend of hers micro weft and that her friend had reccomended her as she was more than happy with her fitting and general service.
So we made an appointment for 2 weeks time for a root colour touch up, cut blowdry and weave fitting. She paid £120 deposit which covers the cost of the hair and shipping and that was that. I placed the order that night for the hair and that was that.
A few days later the hair supplier had emailed me to say the shipping had been delayed but my hair should take no longer than a week or so to arrive so I said that was fine.
A few days before the appointment I sent the company a email to ask if it had been shipped and they said it had so and it should arrive within the next day or so.
So the morning of the fitting comes and the hair doesn't arrive - I ring up the company and ask why it didn't come on time and they couldn't apologise more and said it would definetly be there the next day before 12.
So I rang the client up and simply explained the situation apologising and I said to her I would still be able to do her colour cut and blowdry but I would have to move the fitting til the next after 12 if that would be okay. At this point the client was furious asking Me to cancel the colour cut and blowdry as she didn't want it anymore which I said yes that's fine no problem (even though I was losing a lot of money I thought just move past it).
So I asked about the fitting the next day and she basically said she's going for lunch with her friends 12-2 then going out from 4pm onwards. In which I responded that I had no appointments free between 2-4 as I already had pre booked clients. Again as a token of good will I said that I wouldn't book her in another day and even fit the weft for FREE... she then messaged me saying she didn't want the hair extensions anymore..
I replied saying again that's fine I will send the extensions back to the supplier as soon as they arrive and will refund the full amount as soon as then funds clear back into my account.
The client then went onto say she wants the money back before she goes out at 4pm! And that if I don't give her the money she will go to trading standards (at this point she was spam messaging me being very rude and impolite)
I stuck to my guns and said that this is the extension returns policy and that is is generally most company's policy when it comes to returns.
However she kept messaging me saying I want the money and that I am scamming her etc.. so I politely said to her that i have told her the returns policy and that I will be in touch with details when it all gets processed and to please not message me anymore and wait for me to message her regarding the hair being returned and her refund.
I have never came across anyone so rude and pushy, does anyone think I did the wrong thing at all?
Bearing in mind I normally use this company for my hair and the delayed shipping problem is an isolated incident.

I think you've been pretty fair. Trading standards won't do anything as you have offered her plenty of alternatives and you're not withholding any money from her.

Call her bluff let her call them and then ask if you can have the ref number or better yet give her your insurance details and let her call them they'll just tell her she has to wait z

You've been perfectly reasonable. She sounds a bit highly strung, to put it politely.

Latest posts

Back