Nightmare Foxy removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn amber

Reaction score
Hi geeks ,had I nightmare removing a set of foxy prebonds 150 strands today I put them in 11 weeks ago and it took me over 3 hours to remove them started with there remover and pliers and it did nothing ended up using surgical spirit ,

It normally takes me 1 1/2 to 2 hours to do a removal from others suppliers ,my hand is in total agony now :'(

anyone else have this problem with foxy or the so called Italian keratin bonds :-/

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I used to use Foxy hair but feel the hair has decreased in quality also the bonds as they are colourless instead of colour matching with hair also. The bonds I have found are too thick and do take longer for removal, I would recommend purchased a new set of pliers with a knot channel in it to remove them it tends to be quicker plus also need to careful as it can sometimes cut existing hair if done incorrectly.

Its Italian Keratin which requires special removal solution. Have you contacted your client to ensure her hair is ok after using surgical spirit on it !!!!
I know there are so many pros to Italian Keratin but personally I just don't get along with it :( Well we all have our preferences don't we x

Its Italian Keratin which requires special removal solution. Have you contacted your client to ensure her hair is ok after using surgical spirit on it !!!!
I know there are so many pros to Italian Keratin but personally I just don't get along with it :( Well we all have our preferences don't we x

Yes as I stated I used foxys own remover to start with which did nothing,my clients hair is fine as I washed and blow dryer it after I removed them ,tell me what you actualy think it in the remover you buy from the companys ( is alcohol ) surgical spirit is not harmful to skin or hair it evaporates very quickly my hands are not even dry from using it :-D

I used to use Foxy hair but feel the hair has decreased in quality also the bonds as they are colourless instead of colour matching with hair also. The bonds I have found are too thick and do take longer for removal, I would recommend purchased a new set of pliers with a knot channel in it to remove them it tends to be quicker plus also need to careful as it can sometimes cut existing hair if done incorrectly.

Hi thanks for that ,i only have one more foxy set out there to remove ,

i have been removing extensions lots longer than iv been putting them in ,do removals for my friend as she doesn't have the time ,

i have tryed the notched pliers my friend has not sure if thay are the same as the ones you are speaking about but they don't work very well for me,

am always super careful when removing extensions not to damage the hair ,maybe this is why I take so long ,

hairdressing and beauty are my full time job has been for the last 15 year's so I definitely don't want to be damaging peoples hair ,

i have also emailed foxy :-D

What pliers/crunchers are you using? I used my Balmain one for years untill I found a better one from hair planet that didn't hurt my hand & worked so much better! Its hard to explain but its like two mini meat bashers (tenderisers) but in plier form aha! Can't help with advice with removing Italian keratin tho as I haven't used it yet xx

What pliers/crunchers are you using? I used my Balmain one for years untill I found a better one from hair planet that didn't hurt my hand & worked so much better! Its hard to explain but its like two mini meat bashers (tenderisers) but in plier form aha! Can't help with advice with removing Italian keratin tho as I haven't used it yet xx

Haha love your description !!!

I use foxy and yes the bonds are much tougher than other brands I use and it does take me a bit longer to remove and I always have a blister on removal of a set !!

I take it row by row, break the bond a bit , add solution and move on the the next until I have finished the entire row - then go back to remove the bond and by then the bond seems to have broken down enough - I used to do it one by one but didn't work - i hope this makes sense lol!!

It is longer removing the bonds but for me the positives outweigh the negatives so I put up with the blisters!!

Thanks guys , yes meat bashers makes sense lol I have a fue pairs and thay all normally work well ,this has totally put me off Italian keratin ,i sometimes use Cinderella and thay are hard to remove but I don't mind if someone is paying 400-600 pounds for a set ,but not foxy I charge 280 full head with aftercare pack ,60 for removal :'(

sorry i didn't mean to offend at all. You would think the company would provide a removal solution that removes their own bonds wouldn't you. I used some when they first introduced the range but couldn't shift them - took ages just like your removal did. And agree that they're fab as don't shift when clients colour their hair etc but i do still think the extra strain to the natural hair when removing this stuff just isn't worth it. x

Just buy the balmain remover gun! Removes every bond I've tried like a dream and now only takes me 45 min to remove a full head. Best investment I have ever made!

Just buy the balmain remover gun! Removes every bond I've tried like a dream and now only takes me 45 min to remove a full head. Best investment I have ever made!
Ditto that, Foxy included x

You might find that this 'Italian Keratin' doesnt really exist, I have had adhesive analysed and none of the samples I had tested came back with any keratin in it at all, but yet these companies where selling it as 'Italian Keratin', it came back as a polyamide. Sorry to disappoint anyone who thought that it was something super fantastic.

You might find that this 'Italian Keratin' doesnt really exist, I have had adhesive analysed and none of the samples I had tested came back with any keratin in it at all, but yet these companies where selling it as 'Italian Keratin', it came back as a polyamide. Sorry to disappoint anyone who thought that it was something super fantastic.

I think you might have mentioned this before :zzz:

Yes totally thats why I said so called Italian keratin :-D

sorry i didn't mean to offend at all. You would think the company would provide a removal solution that removes their own bonds wouldn't you. I used some when they first introduced the range but couldn't shift them - took ages just like your removal did. And agree that they're fab as don't shift when clients colour their hair etc but i do still think the extra strain to the natural hair when removing this stuff just isn't worth it. x

No offence taken :-D

Yes have thought about buying the gun but didnt know if it worked on other types of bond ,so can you use any remover with it or just there one :-D

I think you might have mentioned this before :zzz:

I have mentioned it before and will probably mention it again it it helps someone. If you dont like it and find it boring then dont read it.

I am passionate about hair extensions and want my business to be the best it can be and if I have information about adhesive and wish to share it with others then thats what I will do.

Last edited:

You know I am a xxxxxx for thinking "I am going to get that" then getting busy and forgetting !! I am going to get one this month FACT!! Lol I bet it will be next year before I get round to it!!

I have heard amazing things about it !!! And to remove in 45mins is just special!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mentioned it before and will probably mention it again it it helps someone. If you dont like it and find it boring then dont read it.

I am passionate about hair extensions and want my business to be the best it can be and if I have information about adhesive and wish to share it with others then thats what I will do.

You are getting a lot of stick at the moment lanc !!

Lol xx

i don't have the removal gun (yet....) but found recently with foxy that i crunch all the bonds down with the mini meat tenderiser ones (best description ever!!) and add a blob of remover gel there and then through the whole head, then once i have done them all go back and crunch once more and they are good to remove, but i give them a fair bit of time to soak in as it just wasnt working doing them one at a time or even row at a time. hth xxx

Latest posts

Back