nightmare with waxing today!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashaonline

Reaction score
hiya
wellll Ive had this prob a few times before but today it was just embarrasing! I work in a spa and never have a prob waxing with honey type wax but when I do my own clients from home it can be a nightmare!

Ive been using the green tea tree wax and sometimes have probs with it ie the wax not coming off at all so I have to put the strip back over again or the wax and hair coming off and putting over another bit of wax ive applied and the wax and hair ive just pulled off going onto that area - if that makes sense! which doesnt look to good when wax is supposed to be coming off not back onto the leg!

The only answer I have is that the spa i work in is always warm , reallly warm where as my clients have just come in from the cold - e.g happans alot on the feet as this is an area which often is colder than the rest of the body

just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem

thanks!

Yes it can happen when they are cold or if skin is dry especially around knees and ankles.
It tends to be worse with a cream wax.You can use a little oil on skin and you must spread wax thinly also do it in small patches so put on take off so it doesnt get chance to cool down and get too set on the skin.When it happens go over with another thin layer of wax to warm it again or pull off in other direction.

I had this problem a few weeks ago. I applied the wax to the front of the leg and it wouldn't come off! I ended up having to re-apply wax in individual strips and remove immediately.

I decided that it was because my client was cold and the wax simply cooled too quick.

Try applying the wax one strip at a time. A little longer over all but much less embarrassing!! :lol:

I find if this happens really rubbing the wax strip hard will help the strip come away wax intact,it is definately a problem with this cold weather and as Gillian said can be a problem also on dry areas.:eek:

If you prep the skin with oil first, this will really help to eliminate this problem.

Hi Gillian

I'm new at waxing and sometimes find it abit nerve racking but you've got to practice .. etc etc etc.
In your reply you have mentioned using a bit of oil .. when i was doing my training i asked the tutor about this and she didn't seam to know why it was used, so i gave it a go but when i went to put the wax on it didn't want to stick :irked:... any ideas

cheers :) xx

Yes it can happen when they are cold or if skin is dry especially around knees and ankles.
It tends to be worse with a cream wax.You can use a little oil on skin and you must spread wax thinly also do it in small patches so put on take off so it doesnt get chance to cool down and get too set on the skin.When it happens go over with another thin layer of wax to warm it again or pull off in other direction.

That would be because you applied too much oil. just use a tissue to blot off a bit and it should be fine.

you only need the tiniest amount of oil hun :green:a couple of drops will do half leg x

I've had this happen to me a few times and it can make you panic a bit! I think it's due to the cold but I've also found it to happen more on ladies with dry skin on their legs. The oil idea should definitely help.

During the winter I usually just expose one leg at a time, keeping the other foot and leg nice and warm until I work on it.

To get the wax off I re-apply my strip at a slightly different angle, give it a firm rub and it usually comes off fine. I have re-applied wax over the top before but that made it worse, thankfully it was on my mum that time!!! x

TRAINEES: Just in case you don't know, you can always practise waxing on someone or yourself without any hair growth. Of course this isn't ideal but at least you can practise applying the wax which will give you more confidence.

Its intresting that everyones does it in a different way but i still dont understand how the oil doesnt act as a barrier when waxing and i thought that was the whole point of using pre-cleanse to removes oils/grease & bacteria from the skin beforehand in order to prepare it for waxing so that it can adhere better & remove hairs more effectively.

Its intresting that everyones does it in a different way but i still dont understand how the oil doesnt act as a barrier when waxing and i thought that was the whole point of using pre-cleanse to removes oils/grease & bacteria from the skin beforehand in order to prepare it for waxing so that it can adhere better & remove hairs more effectively.

The wax still adheres to the hair but not to the skin.It also has to be the tiniest amount.

TRAINEES: Just in case you don't know, you can always practise waxing on someone or yourself without any hair growth. Of course this isn't ideal but at least you can practise applying the wax which will give you more confidence.

hey that is some really good advice, thanks for sharing

hehe this takes me back, waxing one of my mobile clients a good few years back and, it was just not happening, i must of looked like a random off the street just giving waxing a go, i panicked my ass off, i just went over it and over it applying more wax untill it came off (and probly ended up skinning her! oopy) this has only happened 2 me once again and it was exactly the same type of skin, flaky, scaly, dry skin, i still pankied! funnily enuff i never saw either of them again lol! ahh the joys of waxing hey! xx :green:

hi tashaonline i read your comment all about the wax and at college before i've had a problem gettin the wax off my client or friends and my teacher has told me its because the wax is't hot enough. Maybe if you increase the heat of your wax will help the wax remove easier. wb Danielle

I've had this problem a few times too, especially around the knees. I found applying some of my after wax lotion ( a really tiny amount before starting waxing ) and then really rubbing the strip on to the wax and go for it. Do it in small sections, especially around the knees and feet.

What make of oil does everyone use? Does it work on all areas? xx

hiya
wellll Ive had this prob a few times before but today it was just embarrasing! I work in a spa and never have a prob waxing with honey type wax but when I do my own clients from home it can be a nightmare!

Ive been using the green tea tree wax and sometimes have probs with it ie the wax not coming off at all so I have to put the strip back over again or the wax and hair coming off and putting over another bit of wax ive applied and the wax and hair ive just pulled off going onto that area - if that makes sense! which doesnt look to good when wax is supposed to be coming off not back onto the leg!

The only answer I have is that the spa i work in is always warm , reallly warm where as my clients have just come in from the cold - e.g happans alot on the feet as this is an area which often is colder than the rest of the body

just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem

thanks!
I have this problem all the time!!! You're not alone and I think your theory makes a lot of sense!!! By the way I'm new on this site - and you're my first message!!

I've had this problem a few times too, especially around the knees. I found applying some of my after wax lotion ( a really tiny amount before starting waxing ) and then really rubbing the strip on to the wax and go for it. Do it in small sections, especially around the knees and feet.

What make of oil does everyone use? Does it work on all areas? xx

It happens often on the knees because they tend to be more dry and not exfoliated well.

I use a basic light massage oil ( often azulene) and add just a bit of Tea tree oil to it for its antibacterial/antiseptic/antifungal agents.

Latest posts

Back