Nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather111

Reaction score
Well I did a rebalance last night and OMG...it took me 3 hours! I just seemed to be filing away forever and not getting anyway. Luckily enough it was my friend and she didn't seem to mind but when I got home I was absolutely gutted and so disheartened. I'm dreading the phone ringing asking me to do another rebalance!

It's not as though the nails were particulary thick so that I had to wade through layers and layers. I just couldn't get to grips with the filing and I must admit I had to file slow because I was scared to file her natural nail. Then came the MTW! Not as bad as I thought but for some reason the white on her little finger nail turned yellow when I applied the powder but the others stayed white! How bizarre.

It would have been easier to soak off and put on a new set I'm sure, a full set only takes me 2 and a half hours. If anyone has any pointers then please let me know. I feel like jackin it in and I've only been doing nails 4 months!! (I know I won't be perfect for a long time and I know it takes a lot of practice but if I feel like this all the time then.......)

A very sad Heather....:cry:

Hi heather,

I've only been qualified a few months and like you i hate doing re-fills, i also feel as though i'm fileing forever!!!!
I think at the end of the day like every thing else practise makes perfect, the more you do the better it will get, don't think about jacking in just leave it for a few days then go back to it, i often feel like this because i get things wrong, i just forget about nails for a bit, after a couple of days i'm ok and feel really enthusiastic about it.!!!

I hope this has helped?
on't give up just keep practising.
mandy. :biggrin:

Hi.

Like both of you it takes me forever to do a rebalance. On wednesday night I rebalanced my own nails. It only took me 2 and a half hours and I was really pleased because it was the first time I had done the white power on myself (hard to do your right hand with your left) ans I am proud to say they look really nice. I also really enjoyed doing it. But last night was a different story. I rebalanced my mums nails and it took me 3 and a half hours. I couldn't stop apologising for taking so long. I can't believe how long it took. but I guess that it will get easier with practice.

Heather111 said:
Well I did a rebalance last night and OMG...it took me 3 hours! I just seemed to be filing away forever and not getting anyway. Luckily enough it was my friend and she didn't seem to mind but when I got home I was absolutely gutted and so disheartened. I'm dreading the phone ringing asking me to do another rebalance!

It's not as though the nails were particulary thick so that I had to wade through layers and layers. I just couldn't get to grips with the filing and I must admit I had to file slow because I was scared to file her natural nail. Then came the MTW! Not as bad as I thought but for some reason the white on her little finger nail turned yellow when I applied the powder but the others stayed white! How bizarre.

It would have been easier to soak off and put on a new set I'm sure, a full set only takes me 2 and a half hours. If anyone has any pointers then please let me know. I feel like jackin it in and I've only been doing nails 4 months!! (I know I won't be perfect for a long time and I know it takes a lot of practice but if I feel like this all the time then.......)

A very sad Heather....:cry:
Heather, dont be sad, you are new to this and it takes time and more sets and you will slowly become more efficent in your work and skills...I think where the more than whites concerned it wasnt set on the little ginger before you applied your L&P...

My advice is;

Keep practicing...

Don't look up look down (ie dont stop to look at the client when you are talking)

Dont keep wiping the nail to see where you are at, this slowed me up big style!

Try to reduce the amount of product applied on each time, the thicker they nails are the more filing you have to do....

try to make the nail perfect by using your brush - (i have been doing L&P for 4 months and I cant master this so I am off to a one 2 one for help)

If you aren't already use preetched tips that dont need blending...

I am sure there are many more pointers that the others will come up with, but hopefully this will help you in the meantime

..at most importantly dont beat your self up! it will come...

Heather...just a thought why dont you come to the next WYGM on the 28th July - this will really be beneficially as we talk about nails all night long, whether its problems or hand hints...

Thanks everyone. I think the main problem I have is I don't know how much to file down on the old product. Do you take it all off ?? If you don't remove it all then surely when you apply your new L&P you will see a faint line underneath. I just felt like banging my head against the wall. I knew where I wanted to be but couldn't get there if you know what I mean! I couldn't get to grips with the NailFresh either. When I tried to tidy up my smile line it seemed to 'feather' into the white so the crisp line wasn't crisp at all !!!!

Think I'll have to wait until I can afford to book onto the rebalancing course! Hopefully that will sort me out.

Heather

Ps Louise, where is the next meeting on 28July??

Hi Heather i did a real rebalancing day last week n wow how that helped me, like u it was taking forever to do one i would have rather put on a new set but now i am much more confident they teach u how to file properly without damaging natural nail hold files at differnt angles so u r only filing where u need to, as for not knowing how much to take off i was taught

Look down barrell of nail first so u can see where u need to file
remove 80% of white tip
remove 50% in zone 2
remove 80% in zone 3
when done correctly u can use your koala 240 to blend rest of product nicly so u dont get line also when doing rebalance u dont need the amount of product u use on first set as u already have product on nail plate
when u have the money book this course it is great n fab u will learn so much good luck with ur next one HTH

Heather111 said:
Ps Louise, where is the next meeting on 28July??
At the Trading Post Pub off Junction 31 I THINK off the M62 we meet up between 6.30 and 7pm, PM me nearer the time and I will post you a map ..if you want

Latest posts

Back