Nimue - What do you think so far?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shazzar

Reaction score
Hiya

Myself and a friend are opening up a salon very shortly and we are looking at what skin care to provide there. My friend, Dan, is a mega Dermalogica fan and I thought I was the bees knees using Clinique (mmm!!!). Anyway, we were aware of Nimue already and after further investigations, Claire came to see us and we had our demo etc. We love the whole concept of it, right down to its packaging and the retail side of it too.

We are 99.999.....% sure that we want to go ahead with this product but would be really grateful if we could hear from anybody on here that has experience of it - how has it taken off in your salon? Have you used it yourself and what do you think? How well does retail sell? What, if any, is the feedback from your clients on retail prices? etc etc.

Anything you have to say will be read with great interest and appreciation. It is a lot to lay out on a skincare package, especially one that is relatively new to this country, so although we are almost convinced, we would still like to know what you think.

Look forward to hearing from you x

Shaz & Dan

I know Liza Smith uses Nimue in her salon, so if she misses your post you could always pm her.

It was my daughter (Mrs Geek) who urged me and I have been using Nimue at home on myself for the past year. I have for years been a devoted Dermalogica fan and I have to say that I do not have problem skin. I am 56 and every therapist I have ever gone to has said that my skin is years younger looking than my age. BUT .....

I now live in Spain and have always taken great care since I was 25 to never burn my skin. Living in the sun all year round, I was worried that the environment might cause my skin to age rather quickly. So I started to use the Nimue range which I have to say I really like and find very easy to use routinely whereas with Dermologica, I had tons of products that I never used or didn't know where or when to use etc. The number of prodcuts confused me as a consumer.

I like the simplicity of the Nimue range. I like paying less for my refills. I like the way my skin looks and feels (I am always getting compliments) since I started to use it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Gigi

Thanks for your opinion and it was really reassuring to read, because all of the points that you said you enjoyed about Nimue, i.e. the simplicity for both the therapist and the client, the 'not paying for the packaging' on the refils etc, were all points that made Dan and I really want to go for this.

As I said, Dan was a really big dermalogica fan and has said the very same thing as you did: she had all these products and didn't know where to start sometimes!!!

I will pm Lisa over the next day or so and ask her opinion also, although we're running out of time anyway and I think our minds are actually made up!!

Thanks again,
Sharon

We use Danne skin care products as well as BioElements.

Latest posts

Back