Nioxin trial and testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's finally arrived!!!

Let the trial begin :)

I used it tonight for the first time, I have attached some pics of my hair, now please bear in mind it doesn't look as bad as it was as yesterday it was getting to me and driving me mad i had a new semi colour out on and i had 2-3 inches cut off the length, i'm going to have a long bob cut in soon anyway after the trial but was driving me mad so had them cut off, but you should be able to see that it is still very fine and fragile bearing that in mind :)

The product smells nice, its perpermint-not strong tho, and i lathered 2 shampoos into my hair and spent 1-2 minutes on each shampoo doing this, then applied the conditioner from the root to tip-never do roots for obvious reason and because my hair is naturally very oily….dried it off looks fine, not oily yet.

I towel dried my hair and applied the leave in treatment which is like a mousse, i applied this to as much of the root area as i could and worked it throughout to the ends.

So, thats the first instalment, I shall be back in a few days to update you all!! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1595.jpg
    IMG_1595.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1597.jpg
    IMG_1597.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 254
It's finally arrived!!!

I used it tonight for the first time, I have attached some pics of my hair, now please bear in mind it doesn't look as bad as it was as yesterday it was getting to me and driving me mad i had a new semi colour out on and i had 2-3 inches cut off the length, i'm going to have a long bob cut in soon anyway after the trial but was driving me mad so had them cut off, but you should be able to see that it is still very fine and fragile bearing that in mind :)

The product smells nice, its perpermint-not strong tho, and i lathered 2 shampoos into my hair and spent 1-2 minutes on each shampoo doing this, then applied the conditioner from the root to tip-never do roots for obvious reason and because my hair is naturally very oily….dried it off looks fine, not oily yet.

I towel dried my hair and applied the leave in treatment which is like a mousse, i applied this to as much of the root area as i could and worked it throughout to the ends.

So, thats the first instalment, I shall be back in a few days to update you all!! :)

You only need to do your roots area Hun use about the same size of the lid. Same with the conditioner it doesn't make it greasy. I use the nioxin conditioner on roots and my other conditioner on ends. no point using the nioxin on the ends as the hair is dead. With the treatment you don't need loads. pump a but into the palm of your hand then put it in 5 places like a number 5 on a dice lol. The rub in again this is for the scalp no point putting it on the ends. As this is to feed and stimulate the hair follicle. Was tought this when I did the nioxin training hope this helps xxx

I will watch this thread with interest as i have a little bald patch on the side of my forehead

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
[QUOTE=Chantelle

Aw yes great help thanks for that!! I wasn't too sure the amount Etc as find say much in the instructions (it may have done I was tiered when I got it out lol) but I will do that from now on to save the product and just pop it onto my scalp, thanks :) xxx

I'm trying to upload a pic but it won't let me why? It says invalid Image x

It's finally arrived!!!

Are your thinning bits in one section of your scalp ie, is your parting rather wide or have you patches of thinning hair if that makes sense?

I'm not a hair pro but thought I would throw in my experience anyway :D

I've been blonde for years now and desperately been trying to grow my hair but to no avail, it's taken me over 3 years to get from from Frankie crop to just past collar bone length.

Anyway I started using Nioxin about 5-6 weeks ago after reading many reviews and am in love already! I bought the 3 part set, number 4 as my hair was getting thinner and breaking. My hair is a lot denser already. Before I would need a lot of product to get it any oomph or volume but not now. I am still using a pureology conditioner on the ends or Kerastase Thermique when blowdrying.

My plan is to have a good cut and maybe go dark all over, i have cut back on straightening and using too much Silhouette hairspray and hopefully one day I will have long healthy hair :D x

I have Four different clients using Nioxin at the moment and have seen great results,particually on Two of them that had extremely thin hair to the point where you can clearly see their scalp.I have been doing both of these clients hair for many years and have never seen their hair looking so good.they are raving about it.I have been using it for 3/4 weeks on myself now and am just starting to see a difference,Another Two have found their hair a little on the dry side after a while of using it (both have full head clolours) but have found using a good quality conditioner through the lengths or a treatment every few weeks remedies that.It really is the best product ive discovered this year and for some of my clients it's really made them feel so much better about their hair,Love the stuff :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378154463.875956.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378154475.787738.jpg
Just throught I would share were I'm thining lol I haven't coloured my hair in ages as I dnt want to make it worse xx

[QUOTE=Chantelle
Ah thanks for sharing. Lets hope the nioxin works and we're all like rapunzel by next year lol x

Starting my mums nioxin journey today, number 3! X
Wont let me upload a picture though 'invalid image file' x

I've just ordered system 2 and will document my results.

Would any of you be interested in understanding more about female pattern baldness / thinning hair in women?

I've just ordered system 2 and will document my results.

Would any of you be interested in understanding more about female pattern baldness / thinning hair in women?

Yes make a new thread :)

How is everyone getting on? I've just brought some :) xx

How is everyone getting on? I've just brought some :) xx

Hi, I have just stocked nioxin for my salon and had 2 great feed backs from clients already after 2 weeks! So hope it carries on.
Sorry I don't understand the dermabrasin bit? Is it a separate treatment before the shampoo? It's also great to find others using this too as no one has heard of it before! 😊

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I have just stocked nioxin for my salon and had 2 great feed backs from clients already after 2 weeks! So hope it carries on.
Sorry I don't understand the dermabrasin bit? Is it a separate treatment before the shampoo? It's also great to find others using this too as no one has heard of it before! 😊

Yes the dermabrasion you do before the shampoo (opposite to normal treatments) apply and massage in as instructed and leave for ten then shampoo and condition. It literally is an exfoliate for your scalp. Removes all product and dead skin cells. It's best to have this done before you start using the 3-part kit. It's an in salon treatment only. Not for retail x

Yes the dermabrasion you do before the shampoo (opposite to normal treatments) apply and massage in as instructed and leave for ten then shampoo and condition. It literally is an exfoliate for your scalp. Removes all product and dead skin cells. It's best to have this done before you start using the 3-part kit. It's an in salon treatment only. Not for retail x

Oh right brilliant il order that in, my mother in law is also using it at home can I give the bottle to her to use once at home and tell her what to do if it's simple? Thanks I've sold quite a few without doing this dermabrasion will they not work with out? Bit worried now as told them it's a home kit for 4 weeks. Also after 4 weeks what do they use after? A normal shampoo then 6 weeks use nioxin again? There's not much on google about this only the science bit thanks!

How is everyone getting on? I have noticed my hair thinning over the last few weeks :( so ice brought system 2, the shampoo, cond and scalp treatment that comes in a pack from capital.
I'm not sure how long I should be leaving the shampoo/conditioner on for and do you have to wash your hair with it every day to see results?
Hope it works! Xx

Latest posts

Back