Nits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Test it.

Get a petri dish,next time you see a nit in your childs hair put it in the dish with a small amount of vinegar (don't drown it as that wouldn't be the case if you were to put it on the head )

It will not die for hours,nothing to with vinegar,to do with no blood (food)

That's a fact,vinegar doesn't burn anything it is no where near acidic enough hth's

Test it.

Get a petri dish,next time you see a nit in your childs hair put it in the dish with a small amount of vinegar (don't drown it as that wouldn't be the case if you were to put it on the head )

It will not die for hours,nothing to with vinegar,to do with no blood (food)

That's a fact,vinegar doesn't burn anything it is no where near acidic enough hth's
Bigbird~.
think about this:......
If Vinegar was acidic enough to "burn" nits..could you only imagine what it would do to your hair???:eek: Nits have a hard outer shell for protection, hair doesn't.;)

hi there, i am 27 years old and have long and thick hair, i have tried bl***y EVERYTHING to get rid! my main prob is i have been turned down at h/dressers as when i thought i have no more they are still there!

is there anyone who will cut/colour my hair - double pay too as i would love lovely hair 4 my wedding!:cry:

If you've still got them, and tried all the usual lotions etc, go to the Doctors explain the problem, and they can give you a prescription lotion.

A couple of years ago my eldest child with long thick hair just kept getting re-infected - it was a total nightmare! I was using lotions etc, but gradually her poor scalp was getting sore, so I went to see the GP, he prescribed something called Carylderm - a thickish blue liquid. I used it on her once a week for 3 weeks - combing her hair with the old conditioner and nit comb every 3 days, and it finally went.

I now keep a bottle in the bathroom just in case - this is the only treatment I know works all the time!

Good luck in getting rid :hug:

Latest posts

Back