Nitty Gritty Nit comb

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oliver always gets nits at school and i always conditiona dn comb his hair but soem mothers just cant be bothered, in the end i cut his hair right off and now its so thick you cant get a nit comb through it and im sick of them getting passed to me. i will indeed be down boots in the morning getting noras nitty comb thansk girls x

there was a bad case of headlice at my daughters school and it lasted for weeks

one mum said she couldn't afford to buy any treatments as she has 6 kids!

i was so angry it took all my power not too slap her whenever i saw her in the playground

in the end alot of the mums complained and her kids were removed until all lice was cleared up

there was a bad case of headlice at my daughters school and it lasted for weeks

one mum said she couldn't afford to buy any treatments as she has 6 kids!

i was so angry it took all my power not too slap her whenever i saw her in the playground

in the end alot of the mums complained and her kids were removed until all lice was cleared up
See a good example of the excuses some parents will give..
Headlice treatment is available free from health visitors,
I had to take my kids along so she could actually SEE the lice or eggs, and then they give you enough to treat the WHOLE family on perscription for free...
More like she just couldnt be @rsed to do all of her 6 kids...
Then her 6 kids go and spread to each of their classes grrrrrrrr:irked:
Even this nitty gritty comb is available free from some health visitors,
There is a dowloadable pdf leaflet to take into your gp etc....

I am going to do that anyway I think so I have a spare....this house has a good habit of loosing things lol

if your local chemist has 'care at the chemist' set up, ask to register your children and yourself if your on benefits, i didnt know anything about this until a friend mentioned it last year, apparnatly its been around for a few years and basically you can only register at one chemist, then there is a list of medicines, such as

paracetamol
calpol
headlice treatment
emoilient creams
burn cream
drops for earache
throat spray

etc etc and if you go along you can get these medicines prescribed by the chemist 'free' without having to go to the dr's and get a prescription

just thought some of you might be ablt to enquire at your local chemists and sign up for it,

ive got all my headlice treatment (not that it worked lol) free since i joined, and all of bens migraine tablets etc so i dont have to wait for repeat prescriptions and when matty had sore throat i just went and got tablets and throat spray rather than waiting for doctors appt

sorry gone off topic a bit now, but with people saying they had to see health visitor to get the treatments, just thought i'd mention it

hths xxxx

I have one of these too....best £10 I ever spent....I also have every nit comb on the market but this is the total best! I did give my kids a head start using Lyclear lotion which is fab, it's a 10 minute lotion and doesn't stink to high heaven!

As someone said, bring back the nit nurse and send the kids home whose parents can't be bothered to free their children from head lice.

I comb through my kids at least twice a week, especially Laura (6) as she has long hair....and I comb myself every time I wash my hair.

It's endemic!

we've been nit free for 6 months now woohoooppppeeee:lol:

well its my own fault, should know better than to make claims like this out loud, guess what washed ashleighs hair after ballet on sunday and spent ages taking the hair wrap out that we'd had done on holiday, checked her over again as i do, nothing

goes to school yesterday and this morning when im doing her hair, found 4 /5 massive live ones, checked matty hes had 2 biggies too and theyd started laying in his hair luckily its short, but our ashleigh's took me an hour to comb through and check, and we were out of hedrin so had to wait til 9am when chemist opened to go get some more (thank god for care at the chemist eh lol)

so all 3 off school, have just changed all 4 beds and all the cushions on couch etc, got mountain of washing now and 3 kids fighting ffs, and had to cancel that new client i had booked, but she has been nice baout it and said will ring next week to re-book , fingers crossed eh?

grrrrr will keep me big gob shut next time x

Latest posts

Back