NNO? ex bitter advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Delights

Reaction score
Don't shout at me but i have been all my life a terrible nail bitter, i know should not happen in my line of work but i stopped a couple of years ago and got them quite long then my dad got cancer and died in 4 months stress took over and my nails went again now i have managed to grow them again pretty long now, but just broke my thumb:cry: really short any advice for how to keep them strong after so many years of miss treatment also do you recomend i have a nno to help them become stronger? if so is there a tech in colchester who sould help me out?

adell

sounds like you have had an awful time and I am so sorry for your loss. It seems that you are expressing your grief through your nail habit and as you say you have done extremely well to grow then again.

If you were near me Id suggest a gel overlay to help keep them covered for a while and lots of regular applications of cuticle oil.

sending you a hug.

tigi
xxx

Hi there,

I would advise a fibreglass or silk overlay as this can be easily soaked off and is very thin and not noticable if done correctly. You can keep having infills on it although i would recommend it be taken off every 4 months and re applied onve the condition of your nails has been checked.

Although Gel is an option, you would need to make sure you have a very very experienced nail tech to apply it and take it off. As Gel can only be filed off it can be very damaging to your natural nails if not done properly.

With fibreglass and silk, they can be easily soaked off so no damage to natural nails and with a little buffing can be restored to former beauty.

Hope this helps.

Rowena Mackintosh

Hi thanks for advice its amazing how grief can effect you in the silly ways habbits take off without you even noticing, i was thinking of an overlay aswell my nails are quite strong but obviously not used to having the length so are getting weak at the ends, does anyone know someone or is someone lol in colchester who could help me out adell

hey...you don't have to make excuses for nail biting... bite away!

I bite too. But not as much as i would like to, cos i wear my extensions nearly all of the time.

I love nail biters, i get plenty of business from them, and i can make them very happy with a beautiful set of new nails.

I always tell people that they bite because it feels good, dont feel bad or guilty about it.

having a nno wont actually make your natural nails stronger though.

it will reinforce what you have and help protect them from breakages but it wont mean that your nails will transorm into stronger ones and you'll be in the same condition as before if you choose to have the nno removed.

to improve the condition of your natural nails i'd recomend using a good quality cuticle oil 3 times a day. that will help them grow more quickly and keep them more flexible so that they are likely to withstand knocks and bumps better.

if you decide on a nno i'd recomend a good soak off gel. its flexible like the natural nail and theres no trauma when its removed to worry about either.

Latest posts

Back