NNO on badly peeling nails - photos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlise

Reaction score
Hi,

Further to the thread I did the other day regarding my friends badly peeling nails, I did a new NNO for her last night.

I have taken some before and after pics and would appreciate your opinions.

You'll see that she's has very severe peeling on her nails and is at her wits end on what to do about them.

I also must apologise, but in the After pics it looks like her nails are drowning in SolarOil which is not the case !! I only put a tiny bit on, but I think the flash makes it look much more :lol: :lol: Her nails also look dirty, which I promise you they are not :eek:

Before:

Before2L.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Before3R.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Before2R.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Before1R.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After:

AfterBoth.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After3R.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After2R.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After1R.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After2L.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

AfterL.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Marlise

I had a client like this and i figured that the loose flaky nail was never going to reattach itself and that any gel sitting on them was unstable....so i used a 240 and filed them off....then i sealed the nails with my girlfriend.

So afterwards the flaky bits where all removed and the nails looked normal....then i did the NNO using a form to fully encase the whole nail.

Hi Angie,

Where the nail is peeling at the free edge it's soo thin, that the only way you could get rid of the flakey bits is to cut the free edge off and then file further down the nail to get rid of the rest. Not sure if that would be so good for the nail .....

I would love to do sculps on her, but alas, I'm useless at sculpting and to be honest, I'm not much better with tips either :cry:

I really want to help her, but I'm just not good enough.

Marlise

what you on about "not good enough"...!!!..........of course you are...:hug:

You don't have to sculpt any length...the form just enable a better capping. Just apply a form and put the gel just a tad over her free edge...then when you remove the form you sill cap the edges.

I just think of building foundations when i see nails like these...if the foundations are not stable then anything sat on them will be rocky too.

Thats why i gently buffed away the flaky bits first when i did my client with nails like this.

I think its great that you are trying to find the best solution for her...xx

What a good idea ! Never thought of doing that as I have great difficulty trying to cap the free edge with her nails being so short.

Will defo give it a try next time. Thanks :hug:

Marlise

Any opinions on the actually work that I did ? Do you think the nails look better than when I started ?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Marlise

hi mate ditto with what angie said.

You NEED to get a form on there or you'll find it near on impossible to CAP that free edge....which you need to do to stop the peeling.

With a bit of perseverance....it WILL improve as the gel is PROTECTING the nail so it shouldnt be able to peel and split.

hth

amb x

Any opinions on the actually work that I did ? Do you think the nails look better than when I started ?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Marlise

The finished result would have been prettier if you had used a sculpting form to just make the product a little longer than the free edge.

Over the next few weeks, you can file the free edge as it grows and be sure to hold your file at an angle to bevel the free edge.

If the client keeps up to these she can grow out that peeling and get beyond it. then remove set and get her to use Toughen Up which helps to actually bond those layers together by adding further cross links between the nail plate layers.

Good job for trying so hard to solve this lady's problems.

i think you have done a great job there, especially as you seem so under confident.
have a go with the forms though, they are not as scary as they look!!

Hi,im in tha same boat as you iv tried NNO,silk but still rocky as you say.Iv applied tips but they come off asell.She has now got gel back on some ok some not with the cracking.Iv read up n really tried to take my time to get good prep etc etc but she still get peeling/splitting.Like you i so wish to help her but not really getting anywhere,she works in the book makers as the manegar so she is dealing with money all day so alot of trauma to her nails constantly with the counting etc,thats the only thing i can put it donw to as she is healthy aswell.Kep the ideas coming good thread! xx

the nails look great, my nails look like those when I don't have a nno on them. I must ask you a question about your clients nails are they very thin also, I know mine are and brittle I have used oils daily with no luck.

I have had 3 clients with nails like these and I remove all the flaking bits gently of course, bevel the edges and apply a silk wrap to the free edge like I am doing a repair. the idea is to make sure the silk just goes over the free edge so I can cap, If they are really bad I sculpt a new free edge on. I use Bio gel. All 3 clients have had a white french overlay and when i have finished they look pretty damn good even if I do say so myself.
Be brave and have a play around and see what suits this client best.
Good luck

My clients nails are thick and a lovely long nail bed,but as soon as they just get over the free edge {of the nail bed} the peeling starts and she gets a few splits up the nail aswell.i think sculps is the only option she has left but iv never done them before and we are not learning them at college either so we are a bit stuck!

My clients nails are thick and a lovely long nail bed,but as soon as they just get over the free edge {of the nail bed} the peeling starts and she gets a few splits up the nail aswell.i think sculps is the only option she has left but iv never done them before and we are not learning them at college either so we are a bit stuck!

Take a look at the sculpting tutorial in the tutorial pages on here... its not hard to learn to sculpt but it does take practice to perfect them. :)

Latest posts

Back