NNOs and 2 sculpts - my set first in ages!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotnailz

Reaction score
I did a NNO set yesterday for the first time in ages! The index finger of the right hand and middle finger of the left hand needed sculpting as they had both broken short and the client (a friend)wanted them extended to match the length of the others.

I was so disappointed with how they looked!! :cry: My hands didn't seem to be steady enough and my smiles are all over the place! The only nail I was reasonably happy with was the index finger sculpt! (1st attachment) I've attached a pic of a side view as well - turned out a bit bright so i've turned the contrast down a bit but you get the gist, I think.

All comments welcome. It's the practise I need, i know. Need to get over my phobia of trainer hands as I'm running out of friends' hands to practise on. :sad:

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF0005.JPG
    Copy of DSCF0005.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 125
  • Copy of DSCF0007.JPG
    Copy of DSCF0007.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 114
I think you are being a bit hard on yourself :hug:

Ok the ratio of pink to white(ie length) is inconsistent but you can sort that,no probs.

Other than that i can't really offer critique as the pics aren't close enough,but take a deep breath and keep at it xxxxxx

Thanks becki,

The original pics are quite big and detailed but I've followed the rules by re-sizing them to 250x250 pixels, so you can't "blow them up" as much!!
I'll keep practising though!:)

I agree with Becki in that you're being hard on yourself Jane.

The thing that jumps out almost straight away is the fact that (on the first attachment) the nail to the left is a different length and shape to the other two. The middle nail looks a tad fatter on the left hand side just as the smile finishes, but it could be the angle of the photo.
Your smiles look lovely as do your lines of light :D

i also think your being hard on yourself.again to me the first thing you notice is the length/shape of the nails is different.a problem that easily be corrected.i think your smiles are lovely.:)

Thanks for your words of support, girls! I'm still not happy with them but I know it's just down to lots of practise, like I said before.
Sandi, you're right. The left hand nail on the attachment is shorter. That was the length of her natural nail. It looked sort of the right length at the time, but what I should have done was lengthen it a bit.......lazy, lazy, lazy!
Also, hadn't noticed that little bump on the left of the middle finger. Looked at the original and it seems I could've filed that a little more. Again, lazy/just not taking enough care.
Was a little short on time too, was was rushing a bit. I need to take note of the finer details, I think!

Again girls, thanks. :hug:

Latest posts

Back