No babies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Hiya gals and guys.

Never posted a thread on here but i can see alot of you talk quite openly and all support each other with any thread so here i am.

Ive been with my man 5 years. Weve lived together 12 months.

On our 5th or 6th date when i was 20 years old and he was 25 he told me he never wanted kids. I was absolutly fine with that. I was 20, living at home, earning fantastic money as a stylist and spending every penny of it on me!

Now at the age of 25 (by no means old or to old) ive been there through friends pergnancies, births (witnessed one) and bringing up. Although i am not craving a child right now, the thought of never ever having one or a few is making me feel really sad. Ive brought this up to him and he says u should know the score, i did tell you.

I read in magazines or on threads here that you and your men have sat down and had lovely discussions about when to start trying and feeling the diappointment every time you get a period while your trying, listening to how disappointed your fella is every time you come on.

I sat him down and told him how i felt. We came to a desicion, my contraceptive implant is due out in july this year, i will have one more in which will be due on july 2017 which will make me 28 and him 33 and start trying. So i started to relax and enjoy my last few years before settling, booked some great holidays, going out clubbing ect..... then bam.

I met my boyf at the pub he runs for drinks. One of the regular women who drink in there was there with her 2 lovely children who my boyf gets on really with, well with she came and sat by me and said

"what a shame about u and craig not every having children".... i said

"pardon what makes u think that??"

She said

"oh i said to him today you and ellis should have children, shes 25 and your 30, perfect timing and he said no i dont ever want any"

I aproached him and he told me shes just a drunken bum and is fibbing.

Everything in our life is so perfect atm. I have a great job working as a self employed hairdresser and beautician and he has a great job running the local boozer we have great friends family we have a lovely flat we get on perfectly.... but this i think about daily.

If when my implant is due out when im 28 and he decides after all that he doesnt want children then what??

I would never ever leave him as i love him dearly and he in return.

I suppose i just want to feel that that you all feel. The excitement and planning children him to just say i cant wait untill your the mother of my child or to say to people i cant wait to be a dad instead of screwing up his face up everytime its mentioned.

The plan of waiting 4 years then start trying seemed fantastic to me. Plenty of time to save, do the big holidays festivals and basically tick everything off and then really throw ourselves into parent hood.

Could this really split us up and my life without him is a life not worth living?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I met my ex partner when I was 22 years and he the same. Very serious very quickly he had a special needs child from a previous relationship that I took on too. We were happy for a about 2 years (we were together 4) then I mentioned I do want my own child he knew This and was ok with it but didn't want them til his early or even late 30s.
He then started university on a four year course and said we won't be able to even live together til 30 now bear in mind we are both only 26. So after another year and a half together and realising that I may not have children til 35+ and waiting to live together. I thought why should I put my dreams on hold, we should want the same things and as a women my clock is ticking. So asking him out right if after 4 years if we can't try now then I'm not waiting. After we split it heard how he told friends that he never even wanted kids etc with me so that hurt but glad I moved on. I'm older now and with a great guy who I love and told from day one I want a child within x amount of time maybe a year-2 years. He is fine with it 100% it and hope to start trying this year. My point is he may tell you things you want to hear but deep down he doesn't want them simple as that's something u really need to sit him down again and say it's my dream this is what I want very soon and I would give it a time scale too about how much longer u may wait or waste as I knew I couldn't waste these precious years waiting for someone who didn't really want it. When you can find someone who does :) chin up Hope this helps xx

He's probably just saying that. I am actually pregnant , and if hubby and I get asked if we are having anymore we both automatically say no!!! Why should he tell a random drunk lady that he would love kids?!

I think if he agreed to trying then I'd take his word for it.Xx

The other side of the tale. When my brother met his wife he didn't want children. He was adamant. She went along with this for a while. I think she felt the same. Then one day she must have heard the clock ticking and basically said she wanted children and if he was still adamant that he didn't want them, they had no future together. The happy ending is that they went on to have 2 beautiful daughters and he is a fantastic dad but I don't think her ultimatum was given lightly. I think he knew it wasn't a threat - unless they had children it was over. You have a lot to think about.
I know without a doubt that I could not have stayed in a relationship with a partner who didn't want children. I have a lot of friends without children and they have never wanted them but your situation is very different.

Good luck with your choices

Vicki x

Just to put another side to it. My friend babysat for a family when she was 17. Her snd the Dad fell in love and he left his wife and two kids for her but they never got married or had their own children. (Which she really wanted but he refused). She stayed with him until she reached the age of 41 when he decided he needed a younger model again.

She is now in her early 40's and never had the children she longed for because he didn't want any more. It's too late for her now. She now wishes she had listened properly to him and made the right decision and left him earlier as now she thinks having children would have been more important than staying with him.

You need to decide which is more important to you.

I would sit down with him and spell out just how serious you are and that you're not going to change your mind, you do want children. It could be that he's a bit afraid. The fear of the unknown or maybe he's worrying about the practical side of things as you may want to give up your career. He may be worrying about how you'd cope money wise, do you have a big enough place (spare room) for a baby. He may even, just selfishly, not want to give up the great holidays and lifestyle you have now. Men don't get broody as much as women so he's probably not even thinking about the good side of having a baby together and how much he would love it when it arrives! I think the best thing you can do is find out WHY he says he doesn't want them and then allay his fears.
Good luck x

I think that if this is something that you are already thinking about daily then it's something you need to seriously consider. I have 2 boys and they are my whole world. I cannot imagine life without them. Although things may be ok now, this could eventually eat you up and you may live to resent him. If children is something you want, don't let him stop you as one day it will be too late. My friend stayed with her partner for years and he never wanted kids (she did) they then split up as she decided she wanted children so badly, however before she met the right man, she hit menopause (quite early on as well) and now she can't have children and it has ruined her life. Since then she has suffered from depression and anxiety and has been unable to work because of this. Obv this is an extreme case but don't let him get in the way of your dreams, no matter how much you love him as one day you may find that love turn to resentment when you realise it's too late. Could you not sit down with him and find out the reasons why he doesn't want children? Is he scared? Good luck! :) xxx

It's a very awkward situation and it feel for you. I was adamant that I didn't want children but I got pregnant while I was on the pill. My husband and I had only been together 6 months at the time and he tried to force me into an abortion but I couldn't do it, so in the end he accepted it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you just get pregnant and tell him to deal with it!! Our relationship is very resentful and unhappy as a result. Could you sit him down again and ask him to be honest with you?

I don't think you should listen to the woman in the pub!
Forget what she said now, you and he have agreed your next implant will be your last.
You say at the end of your post will this split you two up? I think it only will if that's what you want! If you want children and in the end he really doesn't you may choose to leave him and that will split you up, or if you don't want children so much in a few years or you don't want children more than you want him, it won't split you up!
Try and enjoy now the time you're doing all these fun and exciting things!
I had a friend at work who loves his wife to bits and doesn't like or ever wanted any children but she gave him an ultimatum and he stayed with her and gave her 2 kids.
Maybe as others said you need to have a chat, or just forget the pub woman and believe what your man said to you then you can make the most of now!xx

My ex (who I thought was Mr Perfect) was with me for 12 years and said he didn't want kids. Thankfully, we split up when I was in my mid thirties, although it was extremely painful at the time.

Eventually I met someone else and miraculously had a baby at 43.

You may feel he is the only man for you now, but are you really prepared to stay with him and remain childless? You already have doubts about his willingness to become a father.

Don't leave it too late and waste your life regretting not putting your own desires first. Too many women sacrifice family, career, friends to please their man and they live to regret it! Don't let that be your story.

Hiya i wanna thank you all for your stories and responses there really is 2 ways in which this go. Last night i sat him down and told him how i felt. I showed him the thread on here with the baby bumps and scan pics and said to him look at all these beautiful bumps and baby pics, we may never have this and we wouldnt if it was up to you. I told him i do want this last implant in then i want to start trying i said i will be 28 and it could take 2, 5 even 10 years or more to concieve a child. I told him he needs to be on my side or not. I need to know now.
He proceeded to tell me that he does want children one day and he has told me this before. He said he told the woman in the pub that we havent got any and we wont be having any yet and she conscrewed it. We then went on to have a long discussion about names, how he doesnt want to be in the delivery suite (oh he will be) who the god parents will be ect.....
I asked him y he thougbt he never wanted and it is because he likes the fact we can jump on a plane somewhere for 4 days ect.... but he did say now we have a plan we can do the last big things then throw ourselves into it. I do feel alot better now and will have to take his word for it. My mom was 36 when she had my brother and were all really close so if BIG if he does let me down (i really dont think he will) 28 is not too old to start again.
But 1 problem we have got this out the way i want a baby now haha.... i wont push my luck lmao!!
Your responces are amazing thank u every1!!

Names we liked were

Girl.
Lola
Chelsea (but i hated chelss)
Pheobe (but i hated pheobz)

Boy.
Finnlay ( LOVE finn)
Oliver (dont like ollie)
Leo.

There are so many i love but these are the only ones we agreed on.
What are your childrens names/grandchildrens names xx

I'm glad you've come to an agreement. 28 is still young these days. I would make the most of my time without children as you'll never get it back until they go to uni! I was 33 when I had my first and 39 with my second. I long for the days I could just pack up and take off somewhere. I've got a 12 year wait. :irked:

As for the delivery suite: I'd let him off. I had my second with just the midwife and it was so much more relaxed than having him hovering around like a spare wheel being useless. I could "moo" like a cow without worrying what he must be thinking. If I had planned to have more after that I would have insisted he stay at home!

Glad you got it sorted. I guessed it might be coz he enjoys your life at the moment. At least you have a date in mind now and you never know he may even get broody himself (keep showing him cute baby pics ;)

I have a daughter and son (17 and 12) and they are my whole world. You're time will come.

Good luck x

I'm glad you've come to an agreement. 28 is still young these days. I would make the most of my time without children as you'll never get it back until they go to uni! I was 33 when I had my first and 39 with my second. I long for the days I could just pack up and take off somewhere. I've got a 12 year wait. :irked:

As for the delivery suite: I'd let him off. I had my second with just the midwife and it was so much more relaxed than having him hovering around like a spare wheel being useless. I could "moo" like a cow without worrying what he must be thinking. If I had planned to have more after that I would have insisted he stay at home!

I "mooed" and my husband has never let me forget it!!

Mooing is a really good noise to make, I imagine that it's a nice release to moo. I may just try that in a few weeks, or I feel I may end up whaling like a banshee!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mooing is a really good noise to make, I imagine that it's a nice release to moo. I may just try that in a few weeks, or I feel I may end up whaling like a banshee!

I tried to push without mooing but I couldn't, so it was essential :lol::lol:
The mooing wasn't quite as embarrassing as pooing though :o

Good luck!

Haha oh bless you! Xxx

Nice tip! Ill remember 2 moo!

I tried to push without mooing but I couldn't, so it was essential :lol::lol:
The mooing wasn't quite as embarrassing as pooing though :o

Good luck!

My biggest fear is pooing while pushing. Not pregnant now but future wise, eek!!

Latest posts

Back