No blending on Well-less tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizbird

Reaction score
Hiya everyone - I am currently using CND tips - blending etc. With regards to well-less tips and non-blending. Can you not see the line when putting acrylic over the top? I assume you put the tip right on the free edge etc and then apply acrylic. I can't imagine not blending etc. Any comments gratefully received.

When using well less tips you apply them to the very edge of the free edge so they are not visible once you have applied your product.
I use Performance Tips from CND they are excellent and only need a slight buff to remove the shine.
If you do a search for well less tips there are loads of interesting threads hths:hug:

I use Performance Tips from CND they are excellent and only need a slight buff to remove the shine.

Speaking of witch - are these tips available to buy yet in individual sizes?

Actually the shine has already been removed from the CND Performance tips and they are thin thin thin, so there is no need at all to blend or do anything to them.

Yes they are available form Sweet Squared in 50 pack refills of individual sizes, and have been since Sweet Squared opened its doors about 3 weeks ago. :green:

Thought I would add that I used to use the Raptor tips and found them a little thick. They too were pre etched but after my greasy little fingers had fished them out of the box, tailored and applied them them I had to buff over them to remove any fingerprints I had left xxxx

if I tip these days, which is rare as I sculpt more, I always reach for my faithful full well tips as there is nothing quite like the feeling of watching that well vanish xxx

Actually the shine has alredy been removed form the CND Performance tips and they are thin thin thin, so there is no need at all to blend or do anything to them

Yes they are available form Sweet Squared in 50 pack refills of individual sizes, and have been since Sweet Squared opened its doors about 3 weeks ago. :green:

Not only are they thin,thin,thin but they are fab,fab,fab!!!!!!

Thanks for the info on the refils, will pick some up in afew weeks when I visit!

i use pro impressions and had a tip from a helpful geek - just blend in the 'ears' to keep them flush with the side walls. The well-less tips really look good - just take the FE down only leave a tiny bit before applying the tip. HTH

i use pro impressions and had a tip from a helpful geek - just blend in the 'ears' to keep them flush with the side walls. The well-less tips really look good - just take the FE down only leave a tiny bit before applying the tip. HTH

Could you explain this a little more clearly ... even I don't understand it. Are you saying to remove the free edge before applyng the tip? I think this would make application of the tip very difficult and not enough pressure to dry the adhesive (no wonder the corners are ticking out). Or did you mean something else?

Could you explain this a little more clearly ... even I don't understand it. Are you saying to remove the free edge before applyng the tip? I think this would make application of the tip very difficult and not enough pressure to dry the adhesive (no wonder the corners are ticking out). Or did you mean something else?
i make the free edge of the natural nail very short before applying the tips - am i being a twonk?

Hi

i think village nails means after application of the tips, blend the corners flush and thin the free edge so not too thick before product application???

Thats what i do when i use raptors as they are a little thicker than some other tips.

I didnt realise that cnd did some pre-etched well less tips i will have to give those a try.

i make the free edge of the natural nail very short before applying the tips - am i being a twonk?

Well you have to remember that adhesive dries with pressure! As you lower the tip onto the prepared nail surface, the pressure is very important. The shorter the tip the less pressure you can exert so you are not doing yourself any favours.

Apply the tip and then shorten ... there is no advntage to shortening the tip prior to adhering it to the nail surface. Finally you need to slide your thumbs up into the corners to make sure you have maximum pressure in that area too. The shorter the well, the less well the corners adhere.

So not a twonk, but you need to understnad the physics and the forces to know what you are doing.

I think she means she takes the natural nail's free edge down before applying the tips, then reduces the length of the tip... unless I've read it wrong?!?

I think she means she takes the natural nail's free edge down before applying the tips, then reduces the length of the tip... unless I've read it wrong?!?

Seems you've read it correctly Sandi ... I missed that. Well, this is all well and good but it still applies that the less therelis to apply to, the longer you have to hold thetip in place for it to adhere well.

IME with well less tips, the longer the natural free edge, the harder it is to get the tip flush to the natural free edge without leaving that horrid gap which will trap every bit of dirt...and also getting your upper arch looking good (without the gap between the nail and the adhesive)....I always take the natural free edge right down for the above reasons.

Latest posts

Back