No clients - MMA?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there
Just a thought, I see a lot of people saying they have been going for a while and not getting many clients. I just wondered whether people are getting put off with bad experiences from quickie nail bars using MMA. They may think all nails are like this.

So, do any of you actually tell your clients about MMA, do you have any info to give? Do you ask them to tell their friends? Do you display info about MMA in your shop window?

Just a thought

Deb379

I personally don't and no one has ever asked my about it either - but I am a mobile one girl band, so no window for me anyway...

I dont tell them about it as if they are coming to me they don't need to worryabout it and sometimes the information in the wrong hands can end up in a right old confused mess. But, if a client asked me about this then I would explain the differences between the monomers.

When I used to do body art (hand painted tattoos) I also had a website that sold henna and body paint, and some jewellery.
When I first started it was before the whole 'black henna' thing kicked off so much in this country, but I made an effort to always explain to customers the difference between real henna and coloured (although I have to admit, I sold coloured henna of the safe - food colourants only, not PPD - variety through customer demand.. in retrospect maybe I shouldn't have). I had a lot of info on my site about PPD, and linked to a henna forum with more info.
I stopped all that when I went to uni, but it saddens me now to see the Rio 'Henna Look' kit in the Argos catalogue that refers to 'controversial henna and black henna'. It's an awful shame that the 'good' stuff has been tarred with the same brush because a lot of media coverage - and those unscrupulous black 'henna' artists - never bothered to point out the crucial difference between real henna, and what they were slapping on people and just using the 'henna' name.
I only hope this kind of thing won't happen with MMA and nails, it's always a shame to see good people and a good service/product/etc ruined by people who don't care what they use and what they market themselves as.

Deb379 said:
Hi there
Just a thought, I see a lot of people saying they have been going for a while and not getting many clients. I just wondered whether people are getting put off with bad experiences from quickie nail bars using MMA. They may think all nails are like this.

So, do any of you actually tell your clients about MMA, do you have any info to give? Do you ask them to tell their friends? Do you display info about MMA in your shop window?

Just a thought

Deb379
I don't think that the lack of clients is due to MMA or NSS ....................
I think thats is due to other factors, people wont know I am there unless I market myself to all and sundries lol.................

I do have MMA information in my Salon and also MMA information on my website..................
I deal with a lot of clients that have already got L&P on their nails and then request a service.............. so I need to know who did their nails and yes then the talk about NSS and MMA does come up on a regular basis........I want to know if I am soaking MMA off their nails or not.......... time factor is a key issue here for me personaly..........busy Salon and I cant spend upto 2 hours soaking off MMA enhancements and then another 1 1/2 doing a new set..if I am not prepared for it.......!!!!!

The trick is to keep it simple and not scare the pants of them...........
MMA is not an explosive, it will not cause cancer, but the way the nail has to be prepped in order to hold on to the MMA acrylic, is the problem..........
So after a soak off , you might not like what you see, and nor might the client.........

I just keep it simple and easy to understand................
MMA is great for Teeth, Bullet proof vests and artifical limbs.............. but not on nails.............
EMA is the stuff to use and it likes Keratin, the more Keratin the better the Nail Enhancement will last............ A healthy base, like cellotape on a clean surface rather then the velcro effect, that is needed for MMA to stay put.....

Simple to understand and simple to explain...........
JMHO

Latest posts

Back