No confidence with waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa32

Reaction score
Hiya!

I'm currently studying level 2 Beauty therapy and am doing my wax unit, I'm not too bad with strip wax but I absolutely hate hot wax, its horrible to work with and my application of it is crap! After reading a few posts on here it seems like there are better brands of hot wax wax to work with - do you think I may get on better with another brand?

Also can I use strip wax on underarms? Our tutor has said that its okay but I've seen posts on here which suggest otherwise?

and final question, promise! we've been told that hot wax can not be used in face, just underarm and bikini but again I've seen posts on here that say it can - I'm confused?!? (easily done!)

Thank you all so much :-D

I remember dreading the waxing unit in college, a lot of people do, so don't worry you're not alone. It is all down to practice, practice, practice. Once you have mastered hot wax you will love it. There are lots of different brands of hot wax you've just got to find the one that works for you.

You can use strip wax on underarm but hot wax is far better. It's less painful for the client and much better at grabbing onto the coarse underarm hair.

Hot wax is advised to use on face, underarm and bikini...all coarse hair areas.

Hope this helps.

Maybe once you finish your unit and you still don't feel confident, look at booking onto an advanced waxing course. This is what I did and waxing is now one of my fave treatments.

I remember dreading the waxing unit in college, a lot of people do, so don't worry you're not alone. It is all down to practice, practice, practice. Once you have mastered hot wax you will love it. There are lots of different brands of hot wax you've just got to find the one that works for you.

You can use strip wax on underarm but hot wax is far better. It's less painful for the client and much better at grabbing onto the coarse underarm hair.

Hot wax is advised to use on face, underarm and bikini...all coarse hair areas.

Hope this helps.

Maybe once you finish your unit and you still don't feel confident, look at booking onto an advanced waxing course. This is what I did and waxing is now one of my fave treatments.

Thank you so much for your reply. What hot wax do you use? The hot wax at college can't be used on face and we have to apply in a figure 8 like motion and I find it so awkward. xx

If your college is anything like mine was, then the methods they teach are very outdated. I use hot wax on all areas except for legs and I have quite a few clients that have full facial waxing. I knew that I wanted to do serious waxing so I gathered as much info as I could on here and then trained with Kim Lawless. I'm now a confident waxer so I recommend that you do extra courses after you have finished your college course. I love waxing

If your college is anything like mine was, then the methods they teach are very outdated. I use hot wax on all areas except for legs and I have quite a few clients that have full facial waxing. I knew that I wanted to do serious waxing so I gathered as much info as I could on here and then trained with Kim Lawless. I'm now a confident waxer so I recommend that you do extra courses after you have finished your college course. I love waxing

Thank you, I'm getting the impression that the college technique is very outdated. Which hot wax would you suggest I get so I can practice at home on family? I will also look into more training just seems a shame that the college teaching is so vague and outdated after paying nearly £1500 for the course!!! Thanks again for your reply xx

Thank you, I'm getting the impression that the college technique is very outdated. Which hot wax would you suggest I get so I can practice at home on family? I will also look into more training just seems a shame that the college teaching is so vague and outdated after paying nearly £1500 for the course!!! Thanks again for your reply xx
I use Perron Rigot wax. You could see if they have a discovery day near you, as that allows you to choose which wax you like best. You might need to have the qualification first though, so check with them. Jack Dunn is the person on here with all the info.
How much longer do you have for your course?

We finish in June, I feel the waxing unit has been really rushed though xx

Have contacted Perron Right and they are sending me some samples. Does anyone know best setting for the hot waxes in a hive wax pot?

If college is teaching you figure of 8 application for hot wax this is really outdated. There is no need for this with the modern hot waxes.

Personally I like Outback organics gold and Flirties hot waxes. Both different so see if you can get samples. The Flirties one is quite a flexible hot wax, almost a little rubbery. Great to work with. As is the outback organics. And both really helpful companies to deal with

Latest posts

Back