No Hands Massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonimaxwill

Reaction score
Im thinking of adding this to my treatments as I love doing massage and wondered if anybody had trained in it and what you think of it.

Thanks

Annie

Hi Annie, I have!!! I LOVE it, changed my whole outlook on life...literally! It's one of the best things I have ever done, I look forward to every working day and my clients love it too. Try and have a session and see for yourself. Have you booked on TT for next year? kx

I've done most of the No Hands courses! I'm an Advanced Practitioner and attended a few of their Summer Schools.

The technique is amazing, it really does change how you massage ... I use No Hands everyday in all my treatments.

One of the complaints about the training is that it can be a bit hard sell at the end for their other courses which are a lot more expensive then the first Transforming Touch course.

Definitely worth doing the training, particularly if you have any RSI type pain from / during massaging.

Mat

to be quite frank, the hard-sell put me off attending the courses so I sourced another course called Hands-free which was a one day course and it suited me just fine.

I also have trained in Lomi lomi which is generally forearm massage and I suspect the no hands was dervived from that.

It is well worth doing some hands-free techniques if you are serious about doing a lot of massage. Massage is my main business, but I have always taken care to not strain my hands.

when I first learn't swedish massage I was taught to use my hands and thumbs for everything. Now I'm a tutor myself I use a lot of the hands-free ethos so its use the body, use the midline, etc with my students. I also teach an advanced massage course which has hands-free/lomi lomi techniques in it.

If the no-hands wasn't so gimmicky I would have attended the course. I also didn't like the fact that they marketed it as training in the North of England which was infact Manchester. I do believe they train in Yorkshire now.

They are also Training in Scotland now Hippy Chick and the 'selling' approach is very different even from when I did my courses,( probably due to feedback from Students such as yourself?)
Annie, I just see it as informing the Students what else is available to them if they want to learn more. I was really keen to learn more after I did the first course but for some thats enough and that is perfectly fine, we are Adults and make our own choices! At the end of the day NO HANDS is a Business as well.
I have been around NO HANDS since 2006 and it has changed and grown a lot since then as a Company, ok so not everyones cup of tea but certainly for the several hundred of us that use NO HANDS every day its right for us. I would say its FANTASTIC value for money doing the TT and no where else would you get 3 days full on Training for that price so go for it. The standard of the Training is far superior from many private courses I have done and paid much more for, it is very intense and very rewarding.kx

thanks for the feedback stirthemud, its good to know that the approach has changed.

I trained with JING massage school. It was the best massage course and investment I have ever made.

I thinking knowing no hands massage will prevent you from getting RSI.

Client's love it, they always ask me where I get my moves from. You don't have to offer just a no hands massage, you can come up with your own special style - a mixture of massage styles. This will make you unique as a therapist.

I did the original No Hands Foundation course back in April 2004 ... The training is fantastic, the 'family' is brilliant, the energy just electrifying. And most importantly the massage it allows you to give is just fantastic. I attended quite a lot of their seminars that finally turned into the TT course.

Whatever your training you should always take what you enjoy and need from it and mix it up with all your other training and your own ways of doing stuff. That is when the client gets the best treatment!

Mat

Thank you everyone, I am looking at doing the TT course in Scotland in the new year, will be asking santa to book it for me now.

Thank you all for your input, I really appriciate it.

Annie :hug:

Well said Matt! I agree with all you have said. At the end of the day it's all about Happy Clients and looking after ourselves so we can keep them that way 'Happy' and coming back for more...kx

Ive been debating whether to see if there is a market for this, great to hear the replies. I will definatly have a look! A friend of mine does it but claims she can do an abdomen slim massage drainage.....while using her elbows! Ive heard mixed reactions but i will give it a go!

:eek:, Abdomen slim Massage? We learn a Colon Massage but it makes no claims to help you slim, there is a Detox Treatment from NO HANDS maybe she means that? It makes no claims about weight loss though Wonderwoman sorry:( It IS a non invasive way to help the body to cleanse the colon though. There is DEFINATELY a market for this style of Massage, I and many others have a client base to prove that, more than half of my work is NO HANDS Massage these days... kx

:eek:, Abdomen slim Massage? We learn a Colon Massage but it makes no claims to help you slim, there is a Detox Treatment from NO HANDS maybe she means that? It makes no claims about weight loss though Wonderwoman sorry:(
:lol: Well thats how shes advertising it, i will have a word! Like i said ive heard some mixed reations but sounds very interesting nonetherless!

I've recently done a 'Hands Free' at the Wilbury School of Natural Therapy, Brighton with an absolutely amazing teacher, Kitty Fletcher. Recently trained in ITEC Reflexology with her and have to say she is the best tutor I've ever come across. Is a really really great college if anybody is looking to take any holistic courses, such great support from the tutors. Obviously at the other end of the country so not suitable for you but you should try looking for a college in your area that teaches mainly holistic courses as that is what Wilbury School are so you will find smaller classes (only six in my group) and longer courses (mine was two days).

I know I was recently sent through one for next March at a hotel in Heathrow, is apparently on a special offer, two of the girls at work have booked onto it but tbh I get the feeling it is going to be in a huge banqueting suite with loads of people which I didn't like the idea of.

Also I work part time in a spa so one of the things I said when I went back to work there was that I'd put myself on a hands free course (obvoiusly lots massage in the spa). Have only used it a few times since taking the course but know it is going to make sooooooooooo much difference both for me and the client.

Urbanholistics,
Oh Dear! Did you REALLY need to vent your personal feelings on here? the question asked about the NO HANDS approach not the personality traits of the Originator :irked: Pleased to see you have thought of saving the wrists of one of your Therapists though :)

The 'cultish' feeling you describe is what we call 'family', a Cult is a like minded group of people so if thats how you see NO HANDS thats fine by me, we are not controlled by anyone but ourselves though :lol:

Unfortunately there are those of us who have moved away from the No Hands company, I'm sure we all have our own personal reasons. I passionately love the technique, and integrate the principles into all of my treatments ... even my waxings!

But I decided that I had given enough of my time, energy and money to the company. I had taken from it all that I wanted and needed and some of the aspects and changes that were taking place I wasn't comfortable with.

Personally I think that every therapist who offers any form of bodywork needs to attend a No Hands (or equivalent) training course to protect themselves. And I have, and will continue to recommend the training to therapists.

Mat

Does anyone have any links to where I can do one of these courses, I am a bit confused which company is the better one to go for after reading this :lol: :confused:
I have been suffering with RSI so definatly think this course is a must now.
It would be lovely to try it out does anyone do this in Essex/East London area? x

Good post!! I have been thinking about doing something like this - or have to give up doing massages :cry: which I dont really want to do as I love doing them!

I twisted and damaged one of my ulna tendons during a massage last year and its still playing up now every now and then. Even the twisting motion of drinking can cause 'twinges'. Just about to actually go for some physio for it (why do we never take our own advice!?)

Is there any other company apart from 'No Hands' that anyone can recommend?

NO HANDS Massage- Advanced Massage Training Courses Emma. They are doing several Transforming Touch courses down South (London) next year I think so for more info ring the office on 01422 843777 or you can actually book it on line. Hth.kx

That is great, thank you - I will definatly look into it. Is the first 3 day course enough to carry out competent hands free massages or is it advisable to do the extra advanced courses? x

Good post!! I have been thinking about doing something like this - or have to give up doing massages :cry: which I dont really want to do as I love doing them!

I twisted and damaged one of my ulna tendons during a massage last year and its still playing up now every now and then. Even the twisting motion of drinking can cause 'twinges'. Just about to actually go for some physio for it (why do we never take our own advice!?)

Is there any other company apart from 'No Hands' that anyone can recommend?

That sounds painful :eek:
This is so true! We never seem to practise what we preech do we? x

Latest posts

Back