No liability insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By accepting your offer of a refund she has settled the issue. I’m sure she has no leg to stand on legally. Stick to your guns. She has to prove irreparable damage before the cut otherwise it’s just a person with shorter hair right? Don’t give in!

If its any consolation my mum was burned with sulphuric acid in her workplace, through no fault of her own, her claim went to court took 2 years to settle it and that's all she had was £2000. I know it's not the same scenario but my mum was left with a scar on the front of he leg that covers half of the lower shin. I can't imagine your clients suffered anything like this, and won't be left with permanent scarring, so even if the claim was successful I can't imagine it would exceed £2000, hopefully that will put your mind at rest a little too. But by looking at the facts I don't think you will have much a problem. Fingers crossed

By accepting your offer of a refund she has settled the issue. I’m sure she has no leg to stand on legally. Stick to your guns. She has to prove irreparable damage before the cut otherwise it’s just a person with shorter hair right? Don’t give in!

Just to advise that refunding a client cannot always be considered as settling the case, where negligence is concerned.
It’s a different branch of law from say ‘breach of contract’.

If, in a similar scenario, a hairdresser had caused serious physical harm such as a burnt weeping scalp and then refunded the client the cost of the service, that wouldn’t prevent the client successfully suing the hairdresser a few months later for the harm caused by the hairdresser’s negligence.

If its any consolation my mum was burned with sulphuric acid in her workplace, through no fault of her own, her claim went to court took 2 years to settle it and that's all she had was £2000. I know it's not the same scenario but my mum was left with a scar on the front of he leg that covers half of the lower shin. I can't imagine your clients suffered anything like this, and won't be left with permanent scarring, so even if the claim was successful I can't imagine it would exceed £2000, hopefully that will put your mind at rest a little too. But by looking at the facts I don't think you will have much a problem. Fingers crossed
Thankyou for your reply that’s reassuring x

Thankyou I’m trying to be positive buts it’s knocked my confidence

Thankyou so much for all your words of support it really helps me , I’m trying to be positive but it’s very difficult, I absolutely love my hairdressing and don’t want to give it up so hoping I can get through this ,
I’ve recently found out through another client that she has dyed and bleached her hair twice since the perm .
Also had the solicitor email me with a threat to apply to court for a pre-action disclosure so I emailed back simply stating I do not have liability insurance , but no reply as yet , I assume she will have to contact the client to tell her I’ll keep you updated

Any news?
Hi tess Thankyou so much for asking , basically I received an email from her solicitor saying I had to reply or I would receive a court order, so I replied stating I didn’t have liability insurance, in the mean time a solicitor from the citizen advice has contacted me and I have an appointment 26th, so hopefully they will help me on the right way forward ☺️ I’ll keep you posted

Hi tess Thankyou so much for asking , basically I received an email from her solicitor saying I had to reply or I would receive a court order, so I replied stating I didn’t have liability insurance, in the mean time a solicitor from the citizen advice has contacted me and I have an appointment 26th, so hopefully they will help me on the right way forward ☺️ I’ll keep you posted

After all the excellent advice you’ve been given...why on earth did you write and tell them that? :eek:

This is awful honestly customers these days are so harsh. I had one in for party lashes complained about everything she was told party lashes weren't designed to last went ahead got them done and text me 8 hrs later to say everyone had fallen out I asked if she touched her eyes she said no. I refunded her but think shes at it one or two might have came away but in my opinion every single one didn't fall off. It's terrible the way people are. We also had a difficult old lady that got her hair permed and was advised not to wash it she came back like 2 days later complaining about it she had washed it we refunded her but she wont be welcomed back.

Just interested to know did you get on ok? I hope so. Must be so disheartening

There's no two ways about it ... we are easy targets :(

Latest posts

Back