No light cured gel nails...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat's Claws

Reaction score
Have you tried using no light cured gel nails? What is your opinion compared to uv light cured gels? How long does it take to cure?

Any advise on using this system would be welcome

TY Kat :)

No one has ever tried this system? ;)

What exactly are you reffering to? Is it those systems that claim to be gel but are actually resins (glues) that are set with an activator (sometimes spray, sometimes brush on)? If so, I first learned to do "gel" nails with a system like this. We brushed on a glue, dipped in acrylic powder, put on another glue and sprayed it with an activator. These nails look nice but i found that thay are not very durable. In my experience they are better used for people who want to wear their nails for a specific occasion, rather than longterm.

The Gel you are refering to is actually EC Resin, but a thicker viscosity............
used with a brush on Activator...........Normaly called a cool set gel............

True Gel needs a UV light source to activate the polymerisation process............

The difference between this and a wraps system is, you don't use the Fibreglass or Silk...............
U can use this in combination with your wrap system to build up stress areas or apex's.......
U can use it for Temp Nails, without the Fibreglass or Silk...........

But I would rather use the Fabric# system Boost, the viscosity of the Boost is similar to the cool set Gel but far supperior ............
Hope this Helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back