No make up for over a month

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrubadub

Reaction score
So since lockdown I haven’t worn make up for over a month now. So far I have learnt that foundation really helps my rosacea and my skin is worse than ever!

Have any of you tried to detox your skin during lockdown?

I've barely worn makeup during the lockdown and I've learned one thing: I look like crap with and without makeup. ; )

@deanosnana I realised that about myself years ago. :oops: ;)

I rarely wear make-up normally but since lockdown, my hands are so much drier. I've been washing them more, using alcohol gel when food shopping and do more gardening without wearing gloves. Usually because I’ve nipped out to do one thing then faff about finding more things to do outside.

In lockdown, I rarely wear a bra. I’ve always been one of those women that puts on slippers and take off my bra when I get home.
I like to be comfy so days of wearing baggy T-shirts and joggers.
The only serious drawback is when I forget I’ve not put one on and go and walk the dog. That was not pretty! :eek:

@deanosnana I realised that about myself years ago. :oops: ;)

I rarely wear make-up normally but since lockdown, my hands are so much drier. I've been washing them more, using alcohol gel when food shopping and do more gardening without wearing gloves. Usually because I’ve nipped out to do one thing then faff about finding more things to do outside.

In lockdown, I rarely wear a bra. I’ve always been one of those women that puts on slippers and take off my bra when I get home.
I like to be comfy so days of wearing baggy T-shirts and joggers.
The only serious drawback is when I forget I’ve not put one on and go and walk the dog. That was not pretty! :eek:

I don’t wear a bra most of the time, free the ladies!

No make up for me either, and my skin has definitely benefitted from it, as well as my wallet of course ;)

I like to wear makeup in phases - for example, every day for two weeks, and then nothing for two weeks. It's not a dramatic difference in aesthetic, cause I do a "no-makeup" look, and my products are always as clean and natural as I can find :) Highly recommend it!

my skin only got better without makeup, though I use creams.

My skin looks amazing! I just wish the tones/pigment was even as honestly I wouldn’t bother wearing again if it was.

My foundation has SPF in and I really noticed a massive difference..sudden freckles and red blotches from being in the garden for short amounts of time here and there..no different time wise than normally going out in makeup in time in sun as I never went out much. Had always been suspicious of SPF efficacy in makeup but now I’m a believer.

I’ve been doing my skincare as usual but of course the stress can be huge part of whatever our skin is doing right now. Two weeks ago I was very very upset and could barely do anything and I had SO many spots. I had acne for 15 years but it’s been perfectly clear for 4. I don’t care though nobody can see them. But really shows you how life stresses in normal life show in our faces so easily. The advice we give is legit haha.

I've barely worn makeup during the lockdown and I've learned one thing: I look like crap with and without makeup. ; )

Totally with you on this! The first few days without make up I just ignored my reflection now I can’t imagine how cloggy my skin will feel with all the make up again - I’m naturally very oily so my skin is very great full right now :)

I have been going makeup free, but the days that I do my makeup I feel better, every time I walk past a mirror I don't have to sigh lol.
I don't think my skin is any better without makeup.

I don’t usually wear make up every day but usually several days a week. Since lockdown my skin has been awful! It’s dehydrated, dry and uncomfortable. My psoriasis and eczema is worse although that could be stress related.
Keep seeing posts on social media saying how much folk are loving the low maintenance look, I really hate it! Can’t wait to get my hair extensions and Vegas wispy lashes back in....

I don’t usually wear make up every day but usually several days a week. Since lockdown my skin has been awful! It’s dehydrated, dry and uncomfortable. My psoriasis and eczema is worse although that could be stress related.
Keep seeing posts on social media saying how much folk are loving the low maintenance look, I really hate it! Can’t wait to get my hair extensions and Vegas wispy lashes back in....

I put make up on yesterday and my skin is so much better today, I have rosacea and my skin is so oily and foundation seems to help it

Latest posts

Back