No make up selfies, cancer awareness, show us yours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really can't see why people are moaning about it, people are spending 5 minutes to post a picture and raising money for cancer research
Surely it's a good thing
Why on earth are people moaning? I don't get it!

I do too but more haters are appearing! My cousin who I nominated has just posted an essay on why she's not doing it! It's really annoying me!!! Has she or the other haters donated... No. She's saying she would rather do something more worth while! Well go on then! What's the plan, cos I'll still support you! Sorry! Back to the awareness! Keep the pics coming xx

I had someone on Facebook said there is no way she would let anyone see her without make up and she'd rather shave her head than go make-up less - a long essay blah blah blah. I felt like saying ok so shave your head and we'll sponsor you. However she has relented and put an instagrammed to death snap on all head down eyes looking up through her hair pic on!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Here is mine, let's see yours!
View attachment 59413

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395256904.280143.jpg there's mine straight out the shower lol x

I don't think it is raising awareness it is mearly a chance for everyone to jump on the band wagon

I wouldn't if donated today if it wasn't for the selfies promoting it, neither would 5 of my friends living in Greece if I hadn't of tagged them.
Here's mine and my donation
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395259547.708473.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395259560.487162.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

How can something doing good, however small, be bad??!!!!!!
I wouldn't have donated today if it wasn't for this selfie thing. It's not meant to replace other methods of fundraising and charity giving. People will still do worthwhile things. It's just an added bonus that, in my opinion, shouldn't be sniffed at!!!!!!!!!

How can something doing good, however small, be bad??!!!!!!
I wouldn't have donated today if it wasn't for this selfie thing. It's not meant to replace other methods of fundraising and charity giving. People will still do worthwhile things. It's just an added bonus that, in my opinion, shouldn't be sniffed at!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree hun. Like I said it made me donate today, I'm already doing a calendar for Macmillan but every bit helps :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395261197.166498.jpg

I have just donated & wouldn't have done if it weren't for people doing this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I refused to subject my poor FB friends to a bare faced selfie :eek: - I did donate tho x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I refused to subject my poor FB friends to a bare faced selfie :eek: - I did donate tho x

As long as you've donated ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It would be very interesting to see many celebrities and famous people doing no make up selfies. Think of the publicity they could create and in turn help further increase the donations.

My no make up selfie - you can donate by texting 'beat' to 70007

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395264799.381863.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395264799.381863.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 233
It would be very interesting to see many celebrities and famous people doing no make up selfies. Think of the publicity they could create and in turn help further increase the donations.

Holly Wiloughby did one on twitter this morning :)

I've seen holly willoughby has

image.jpg

Why am I sideways?

Big gust of wind suddenly hit the bed.

No selfie from me either but I do a direct debit every month for cancer research, cruelty to children, RSPCA and 2 others. Have been doing this for the last 10 years! Can I be forgiven for the selfie? :wink2:

Latest posts

Back