No Melonin in skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terese

Reaction score
Just interested in thoughts and experience on clients with lack of melanin in their skin.

As tanning solution penetrates into skin who has found what % works better and what doesnt.

Would be interested thanksx

DHA doesn't react with melanin in the skin, it reacts with the amino acids in the skin cells that are starting to die off. So a lack of melanin should not be a problem with any DHA spray tan solution. You do get some people who are DHA resistive and if so then perhaps a tan with other tanning ingredients such as eythrulose would be of benefit to them, or a higher DHA tan.
Hope that helps xx

Last edited:
Hi Jan Sorry - Im not clear at explaining sometimes:rolleyes:, I understand about the skin cells etc hence coming off with exfoliation etc

So higher % concentrate of Eurythrose? or booster drops I guess.

what was bothering me was that I have a client who has tried the "dove" etc look and a spray tan before - I tried explaining to her about it staying on the skin and fading naturally over time - her concern was it wouldnt take - Im sure it would - anyway shes booked in tommorow a.m

Her patch test was great - she liked the end result(I did a big area)to be sure and to install some confidence in her.

lol, glad it has worked out ok xx

Latest posts

Back