No Nail Art for awhile! :>(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

artienails

Reaction score
:| I had to cut my nails back last weekend. I always grow long natural nails, but due to my profession of being an Art teacher, and since I am teaching ceramics this quarter, they had to be trimmed back, 'cause when you work with clay, the nails can cut into the clay when you don't want them to, especially when using a potter's wheel. I already snagged one index nail, they're gonna look like you know what for a while, and my hands are drying out, too. Do you think I should cut my nails down really short and put some kind of top coat on them during this yearly thing I have to do? I hate not being able to paint them and grow them longer. Any ideas????

i did ceramics at college for two years, its very drying on your hands and nails isnt it? what about keeping them short but applying a design in the cuticle area and coating with a clear top coat. i find that art in this area is less subject to wear and tear because its not so flexible as further toward the free edge. i think coating the nails would prevent the nails from drying out so much too and if its clear it will be easy to disguise any chipping and top up the coating every couple of days. oh and dont forget your cuticle oil and hand cream too. [oh nooo, i sound just like my mother!!!] one bonus though the clay is a good exfoliator so at least your hands will be smooth when youre finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back