no nail enhancement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Jen,
Here am assuming.................

I assume that there is no nail (Keratin) there , just skin.............
I don't think it will work..............
Well what if she has a bath, or wash or the like, water is a powerfull dissolver....................

L&P will adhere to keratin, thats it's job, but to skin doubt it.............well for a little while and the it will peel off................

Resin will stick to skin for a while and then peel off................
So Fibreglass and Silk wont do it..............

What about over exposure of product to the skin...............
We are told to keep all products away from skin.........
Well Hun just a thought
Maybe Geeg or Sam will have some pointers.......
I wouldn't but then thats just me......Call me Mrs Carefull..........

love Ruth xxxxxx

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
hi i have a client thats wanting a set of nails... fabric#
she is missing a nail...says it was damaged as a child and has never grown back.

my questions are:
can i apply product over this...
if yes, would i get her to obtain docs note b4
if yes, how?????
regards

hi ya hun has she no nail at all? just skin?
nickki jones

just skin and its all raised and 'lumpy'..ie its not flat.

just what i thought ruth :D
i personal messaged instead of putting up maybe incorrect info but i recon you hit the nail on the head hun! if you get your L & P on skin it starts to lift so i dont see how it will hold fast, i dont think i would be inclined to attempt it! :shock: nickki jonesx

Hi Jen,

Does your client have NO nail at all? I ask because my copy of the new Scratch magazine came in the post today and there is an excellent article on page 72 about reconstructing on badly bitten nails.

Vicki and Mandi Evans do an amazing job on one client - the before and after photos are really amazing!

They seem to have worked in two stages - first reconstructing the nail bed and secondly creating the nail tip.

Leighton Denny is also featured. From the picture it looks like he puts the nail form right down to where the natural nail has been bitten - that is half way up the nail bed. He then creates the smile line further up. It looks kinda strange as the nail form is still showing above the smile line. He then filled this in with pink to create a longer nail bed.

Of course, as interesting as all this is it's of no use to you if your client has absolutely no nail at all and then like Ruth I'd wait and see what Geeg or Sam have to say about it.

Good luck,

Karen

:rainbow:

If the client has only skin on the bed ... then any enhancement technique will be only temporary ... she might as well use a stick on nail for special occasions and leave it at that.

Everyone has sussed it out correctly. Keratin needs to be present for a permanent bond to the nail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back