No Olympia, but please may we have our Show Offers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Although the show at Olympia in September has been cancelled, I wonder if we can start a campaign on the Salon Geek site to see whether or not any of the many would-have-been exhibiting companies, would be willing to honour their proposed Show Offers, VAT free weekends and the like, even if it means that orders for stock have to be made via the telephone or internet?

Many of the geeks using this site prepare their shopping lists in readiness for these kind of exhibitions, and many more I suspect hold out for the special offers so that their spending budget can be stretched a little further.

So come on geeks, let's see how many companies we can get to play ball with us ... I know we have many company representatives who geek regularly, so please don't be shy in stepping forward.

I am willing to compile a list of participating companies, as and when we have more info, so that as many geeks as possible can benefit from it.

Perhaps if there's enough interest, this thread can be made Stickey too?

Excellent Idea Karen....I know I had a few purchases in mind, although i'm hoping to go to the Manchester show instead.

I must say girls im def with you on this 1 ...lol i do think it would be nice to have a vat free day or even a week would be nice lol xxx emily xx

if a 10% discount on goods and training would help ease the pain of no show in September and lack of stock, we would be happy to help any Welsh geeks out if they use the contact details (email or phone) on the attached link.

If you look at the site, there is free soak off gel conversion training too.

Hope this helps.

I must say girls im def with you on this 1 ...lol i do think it would be nice to have a vat free day or even a week would be nice lol xxx emily xx

I'm right up there with you guys.

What a fab Idea well done:hug:

Although the show at Olympia in September has been cancelled, I wonder if we can start a campaign on the Salon Geek site to see whether or not any of the many would-have-been exhibiting companies, would be willing to honour their proposed Show Offers, VAT free weekends and the like, even if it means that orders for stock have to be made via the telephone or internet?

Many of the geeks using this site prepare their shopping lists in readiness for these kind of exhibitions, and many more I suspect hold out for the special offers so that their spending budget can be stretched a little further.

So come on geeks, let's see how many companies we can get to play ball with us ... I know we have many company representatives who geek regularly, so please don't be shy in stepping forward.

I am willing to compile a list of participating companies, as and when we have more info, so that as many geeks as possible can benefit from it.

Absolutely brilliant idea! I think that given the way everyone has been let down lately it would be a very good gesture from our suppliers.

well wot about us in kent ???? come on u fellow professionals with contacts give them a little nudge :smack: send some offers our way please xx emily x

if a 10% discount on goods and training would help ease the pain of no show in September and lack of stock, we would be happy to help any Welsh geeks out if they use the contact details (email or phone) on the attached link.

If you look at the site, there is free soak off gel conversion training too.

Hope this helps.

how come only the welsh geeks....?....(honest question...)

I was sooo disappointed about Olympia being cancelled. I had my shopping list ready and a list of companies to look at. I particularly wanted to see if Creative were going to do their buy one get one free on courses and whether Calgel would be giving any discount on their courses.
You are right, I think a lot of people do wait for shows to stock up on products and see what special offers are out there so it would be great if suppliers still made these offers available to us. What great PR for them if they did.

well wot about us in kent ???? come on u fellow professionals with contacts give them a little nudge :smack: send some offers our way please xx emily x

I agree what about us???????

Yes,hope no discrimination going on here:mad:

My relationship with Millennium is a bit like Hyperion's with Creative, who are a company based in America and supply them from there.

I have the sole rights to sell Millennium products in Wales, and Millennium Gateshead (the main company) handle English buyers with Olivia Rogers in Ireland who is like me.

The Parent Company (Millennium Gateshead) are based in this Country, and it's British owned and run. I'm told Over 60% of the stock is manufactured right here.

I am independant, and stock this (and other) product lines from choice. I can therefore offer my own terms insofar as "deals" are concerned, cos Millennium Wales is mine!

Just thought I would help out where I could.

I think that Sue is the distributor for Wales only so doesn't want to tread on anyone else's toes.

I think this is a fab idea, as long as it is from Companys who were going to exhibit at Excel ... and it doesn't become a free for all for any old company to use this site for some free advertising.

Well I think that's very kind of Sue,thankyou,even though I dont live in Wales:hug:

I dont live in wales but am welsh lol
A fab offer thanks sue :)

Millennium are always at all of the shows, usually with one of the largest stands!

Just thought I would try to help the bargain/stock hunters that I was able to. The discount offer still stands.

Love to look after you all - come and join us in the valleys! (or anywhere from Wrexham down to Cardiff)

I think that Sue is the distributor for Wales only so doesn't want to tread on anyone else's toes.

I think this is a fab idea, as long as it is from Companys who were going to exhibit at Excel ... and it doesn't become a free for all for any old company to use this site for some free advertising.

well even if they are getting free advertising it will help us all if we get a good discount deal

well even if they are getting free advertising it will help us all if we get a good discount deal

But that is not what the site is about - it states categorically in the Geek Commandments that the site is not to be used as a means of advertising.

Latest posts

Back