No-one wants a luxury mani/pedi!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I bought the CND spa manicure and pedicure ranges about a year ago and I've never used them!! I've got the full size manicure products and only the trial size pedicure so I've been pushing the manicures a bit more. I've done an offer for £15 or £25 with shellac which I think is very cheap and I've still had nobody asking! I've bought some little dishes and things so I'm going to set my table up with everything and make it look really pretty, take a picture and add it to my fb and website. Has anyone got any good ideas of how to promote it? Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm taking luxury manicure off the salon price list. We do a few luxury pedis in summer though :)

I'm taking luxury manicure off the salon price list. We do a few luxury pedis in summer though :)

I think out of everything they are my favourite to do! :( all my manicure products are full and they say they're no good after 12 months and I bought them last august! Seems a shame for them to go to waste they weren't exactly cheap x

I find the same! I rarely do a luxury pedi, maybe a few at this time of year. I have done 2 luxury manicures in 2 years.

It's all about Shellac for me. Which I can't complain about but as you say I have bought all the products too!

Who doesn't like a nice hand/foot massage and exfoliation?

Puzzled.

I think I've done maybe 2 luxury manis in the last 2 1/2 years! Ful spa pedis are always popular though.

Is there anyway you could use up your manicure products by offering treatments at a charity event perhaps gaining some free self promotion from it at the same time? I agree that it seems such a shame to waste it all :|

I think out of everything they are my favourite to do! :( all my manicure products are full and they say they're no good after 12 months and I bought them last august! Seems a shame for them to go to waste they weren't exactly cheap x

Hi Becca

Have you opened all the products at all? The 12 month shelf life symbol on the back is valid once you open the product so if you haven't opened some of the products yet, you may get a few more months out of them? It is annoying though I've got loads of kaeso stuff that is out of date as I started doing manicures in the office on staff then fell pregnant and went right off doing nails so a load of my stuff is still full and unused :( xx

We find luxury pedis way more popular. Could you maybe use mani products for pedis also and really push them? We also do an "add on" option which uses products and clients really like them. Eg add a foot massage to normal shellac pedi for fiver extra

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm mobile, so don't know if that makes a difference, but Luxury pedicures are very popular for me too! Luxury manicures, not so much!

I've taken traditional mani pedi off my list, just no call for it.

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Could you do a limited time promotion where the upgrade is free? That way people get to experience it and you may get a booking from it.
Take some before and after photos and put a description on your FB page or Twitter account with the pictures, describing the treatment using language that evokes a feeling of being pampered with luxury products that also do the job.
If you can't get a client to take a free upgrade (who wouldn't?!) then rope a friend in for a free treatment but use it to your advantage to carry out the above.

I did a big "get flip flop ready" campaign on my Facebook page and did a special offer on luxury pedis and got a really good response, never been asked for a luxury mani tho!

My "complete", "Spa Pedi" or "Luxury Pedi" ... ARE my standard. :)
If clients don't want the soak, exfoliating scrub or massage then I call it a "Quickie" and it's priced less. I do a lot of them and rarely just a Quickie unless it's a man that just wants his toenails trimmed.
This is how I've done it from day one... If someone asks me how much a pedi is, I tell them the price and explain what's included. I just assume that is what they are asking for. If they see my price list on my website, once in a while they will ask for a quickie because they just want the Shellac Polish on their toes but it's rare.
Shellac, Rockstar, hand painting, decals are all add-ons.
I have never pulled out my Footsie Bath to have someone say: "No, I don't want that". This is how I do it, 75% of my clients are referrals so they pretty much know what they get.
Assuming works for me!

Why don't you just add the scrub and massage on at the end as an extra ittle treat that way they get something extra for free and get to experience it and you get rid of your stock. They will soon ask when you stop doing it!;)

I don't know if it's because of the different areas in the UK or because of the type of work (spa/salon/mobile) but I have found in the last spa I worked in and the new place I'm in now full on man is and pedis are extremely popular. Right now most of my day is manis and pedis! Not many people book for the speedy version s which are half an hour.

I bought the CND spa manicure and pedicure ranges about a year ago and I've never used them!

I also bought both ranges 2 years ago and I have to say that the mani tubs have hardly been used. So as not to waste it, I decided to give my regulars an upgrade every 10th service - it is always an nice surprise for them and everyone who gets the treatment loves it. The spa pedicures are far more popular for me.

Latest posts

Back