No paper work from HMRC?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I hope someone can help!
I registered online as self employed months ago but all I have recieved from HMRC was was a letter about self assessments come the new tax year and information about it.

Am I supposed to receive something else? I have been told by some I'm sorted now until I just do end of year bits and bobs, but Additional lengths are asking for other info for a trade account?!

Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Following as I'm the same I got thru a self assememt sheet & a government gateway I'd not sure if this is right or not ad can't get through to them :/ xxx

You use the id to sign in on line on the HMRC website and from there you can do your SA tax return and also pay any NI due etc but you only have so long from receiving the id to logging in online with it before it expires

Hi geeks, I hope someone can help!
I registered online as self employed months ago but all I have recieved from HMRC was was a letter about self assessments come the new tax year and information about it.

Am I supposed to receive something else? I have been told by some I'm sorted now until I just do end of year bits and bobs, but Additional lengths are asking for other info for a trade account?!

Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I felt a bit confused by that too but I spoke to my accountant and she helped me through every step, from getting the government gateway set up (and explaind what is is) to the actual online self assesment, for the 1st time let a proffesional lead you :) x

You use the id to sign in on line on the HMRC website and from there you can do your SA tax return and also pay any NI due etc but you only have so long from receiving the id to logging in online with it before it expires

Thankyou makes sense now just wasn't sure if it was right or not xx

What exactly are additional lengths asking for ? Apart from verifying that you are trade (certificates should surfice), then no additional information should be sought. If you only registered self employed in 2014 , then accounts will not be due until Jan 2016 but you will need to verify that xxxx

Latest posts

Back