No patch test for lash lift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DyeMyHair

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm new to lashes and lash lifts and I'm just wondering is it common for lash techs NOT to do patch tests?

Its something I wouldn't dream of, and from what I've been taught and what I've found.. insurance would only cover me if I do them?

The reason why I'm asking is for 2 reasons ... 1 being because people act like coming out of their way to see me 2 days prior to treatment is asking too much. And 2.. a recent client who had lash lifts done previously at a really well known salon (in my local area that is) was shocked for me wanting to do a patch test, she said she had never had one done before!

Does anyone know why this is? Is there a product out there that doesn't need to be tested? I just feel a little disheartened - I'm worried this is going to put people off. I know the clients who won't come for a patch test aren't really worth having anyway... but is this common? Is it something I'm just going to have to get used to?

People will take what they can get and pray on people that don’t have the guts to say no that’s not safe. Courses years ago didn’t really prioritise it as they do now, even one I went on 8 years ago said it was ok to do 10mins before.

When I was young and stupid and felt intimidated by a woman in my own home I was scared of her, scared of saying no. Some of us have to learn from experience unfortunately. These people know exactly what they are doing, and will take you for all you’ve got.

Anyone who is happy to not have a patch test is either in need of educating or in need of sending away. This is great, it means this person has finally found a tech that cares about her safety! Otherwise, their loss.

5mins to get beautiful lashes ongoing is not a big deal. You can’t control the way they react to the situation, but you can control how you react to them. Patch test or politely gtfo.

People will take what they can get and pray on people that don’t have the guts to say no that’s not safe. Courses years ago didn’t really prioritise it as they do now, even one I went on 8 years ago said it was ok to do 10mins before.

When I was young and stupid and felt intimidated by a woman in my own home I was scared of her, scared of saying no. Some of us have to learn from experience unfortunately. These people know exactly what they are doing, and will take you for all you’ve got.

Anyone who is happy to not have a patch test is either in need of educating or in need of sending away. This is great, it means this person has finally found a tech that cares about her safety! Otherwise, their loss.

5mins to get beautiful lashes ongoing is not a big deal. You can’t control the way they react to the situation, but you can control how you react to them. Patch test or politely gtfo.

Thank you! That's restored my confidence abit! :)
I'm planning to work from home and its a scary thought being put in an awkward position and feeling scared in my own home! I just hope that once my space is all set up and I'm ready to make a go of my business that I can get myself some good customers who respect me wanting to do my job properly!

Hi, I've had the same thing happen to me as well. People can sometimes get annoyed that I am asking for them to come for a patch test and will often say but I've had a lash lift before (at a different place). I also insist on another patch test if the last lift (with me) has been more than 6 months ago. This is the way I have been trained, it's just not worth the risk in case a reaction occurs. If they don't want a patch test I just say no! (politely!)

Hi, I've had the same thing happen to me as well. People can sometimes get annoyed that I am asking for them to come for a patch test and will often say but I've had a lash lift before (at a different place). I also insist on another patch test if the last lift (with me) has been more than 6 months ago. This is the way I have been trained, it's just not worth the risk in case a reaction occurs. If they don't want a patch test I just say no! (politely!)

My insurance is 5 months so it can be tricky but at the end of the day, it does actually help with client retention. Can always send a reminder that they are due before it runs out too.

Thank you! That's restored my confidence abit! :)
I'm planning to work from home and its a scary thought being put in an awkward position and feeling scared in my own home! I just hope that once my space is all set up and I'm ready to make a go of my business that I can get myself some good customers who respect me wanting to do my job properly!

It will be great, just you wait!

Decide what you are comfortable with and what you aren’t and go from there. No is probably my favourite word but I used to be scared of it.

My personal rules are:
No patch test no booking
No kids or go home
Speak to me like shit or behave any way I find inappropriate gtfo
Pay or police

They aren’t like on a poster on anything haha but they are on my website. Nice and politely of course. But I do stick to my guns now I’ve grown a pair. They must read it though as it’s very rarely someone takes the p.

Latest posts

Back