No reply to appointment confirmation text, what now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McBeth

Reaction score
I am fully booked for the month of October, I have no available appointments and a waiting list. All my clients are aware of this and it is pinned to the top of my Facebook page.
I send a confirmation text to all my clients the day before all booked appointments, and on Fridays for Monday appointments, asking them to reply 'yes' to confirm or 'no' to cancel.
I sent a text to a relatively new client at 8:30am Friday (yesterday in Australia) to confirm for 1:00pm Monday. It is 9am on Saturday, still nothing from this client, and I know it can be filled easily with a client from my waiting list, should I send a text similar to this??

Hi XXXX
as I have not received a reply to confirm your booked appointment @ 1:00pm Monday October 13th, I assume you no longer require it, and it has been made available to clients on my waiting list.

I do not want to send another text asking her to confirm again as I don't believe it is up to me to chase this as that is what the initial text is designed for.
I just want to know what to expect come Monday, I don't want a no show or 2 people to turn up at 1:00pm, any feedback for fellow Geeks is very welcome please!

No... If she hasn't cancelled I'd assume she's keeping her appt. it's the weekend she may be busy/away she's already booked she shouldn't have to confirm again.

I would assume the appointment is still going ahead, I'd send another quick message saying something along the lines of 'hi, not sure if you got my message yesterday to confirm Mondays appointment, but could you please let me know by 1pm Sunday afternoon to confirm you'd still like the appointment please? If I don't hear back from you by 1pm I'll have to assume you no longer wish to keep the appointment and will have offer it to those waiting on my cancellation list. Look forward to hearing back from you soon (I always add hope your having a lovely weekend/day/night to keep it light and not to blunt/rude)"

As said above she may not have signal/could be out/busy/working or even just forgotten to text you back. Xxxxxx

The original text was sent 8:30 am on Friday, it's now 9:30am Saturday, she has had over 24 hours to reply, with the exception of a personal matter, which of course is fully understandable.
All my clients are aware that a reply either way, is expected by the close of business.
I hate sounding harsh, or uncaring, but I am trying to keep my business professional and to look after all my clients needs. Which is why my text method has always worked well, it gives a no excuse required, option to cancel.

Thanks Fayelizzie, that sounds perfect, I'll send through another text with a timeframe, keeping it friendly, I'm not usually so concerned, but I've never had a fully booked month before with a wait list, so I'm a little stressed and anxious, just wanting it all to go smoothly :)

It'll go smoothly don't panic :) it's really good your so busy! When sending confirmation texts I always put a time frame on when they need to reply by as that way there's no fall out if they don't text back as you've stated clearly your expectations of when they need to confirm by to keep there appointment. I also back it up in my T&Cs so it written clearly and make them aware at time of booking that they need to confirm by text :) just saves any hassle and the annoyingness of people not getting back to me to let me know :)
I don't do it with all my regulars as they never let me down I only now text the ones that can be a royal pain in my bum with a time frame xxxxxx

To update, my client replied immediately that yes she would be at her appointment, and apologised for not replying yesterday 😊
I can now relax and enjoy my weekend 😄

So glad your busy! X

Latest posts

Back