No Show clients and late cancellations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St311ar

Reaction score
What do you do when someone "forgets" their appointment or cancels last minute?

I charge them 50% of the cost of treatment.

I also charge 50% deposit sometimes when clients let me down before.

I have to say I very rarely have cancellations or no shows unless it's truly a genuine reason.

But you need to be firm at the beginning so clients don't get too comfortable cancelling and not showing up.

It's your time at the end of the day! Valuable time! You could have made someone else beautiful in that time!

If you have a card facility you should take clients credit card details to secure their booking or a deposit. I had to do it in the salon especially with long appointments.

Nail designer with a twist;)

I'm mobile so I can't see how I can take a deposit or charge someone if they cancel.

However, being a mum of 4 I know how sometimes last minutes things with children can cause problems, so its a 3 strikes and your out ;)

I've actually done this recently, one client was constantly confirming and not showing, so I let her go.

I always text or ring to confirm their appointment, the day before :D

Definitely be firm from the beginning because it's very difficult when you get friendly with clients. I charge 50% for less than 24hours and 100% for no show. Actually when I've had people call to say they can't get out of work so need to reschedule the treatment and I tell them the charge, the 3ppl thats called for that reason have all shown up. I'm some very genuine cases I wave the charge but one once for each clients depends on situation. Also they have to pay charge before booking next appointment.

I'm mobile so I can't see how I can take a deposit or charge someone if they cancel.

However, being a mum of 4 I know how sometimes last minutes things with children can cause problems, so its a 3 strikes and your out ;)

I've actually done this recently, one client was constantly confirming and not showing, so I let her go.

I always text or ring to confirm their appointment, the day before :D

I've got 5 and I can be late for some appointments I make but if I know I'm going to be late I ring them to see if that is ok. It may only be 5 minutes due to traffic, or getting kids in the car or trying to find parking or hubby not getting back in time for me to leave. I don't understand people who DNA but they do not get booked back in with me unless they pay for the treatment in advance. I very rarely get DNAs but I do get a fair few people showing up late, I've lost count of how many times I've heard directions being given over the phone. :)

Only yesterday a client was late by ten minutes, but when I looked out the window she was having a cigarette and gestured she'd just finish that and be in! I said, come in now or not at all!

Sometimes it can be pure rudeness!!

What do you do when someone "forgets" their appointment or cancels last minute?
If they simply did not turn up then I programme their number in my " ignore" list.. and dont deal with them again..

If they cancel at short notice , they they go on my "prepay" list so next time they pay in advance..

Its our business and we need to earn a living and if clients let us down then we lose out.
It works for me...

HTH

Jack

Latest posts

Back