no show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybird21

Reaction score
how annoying is it when you have a no-show. :mad: she was supposed to have her nails done on wednesday, phoned her at work to confirm and she claimed that she knew nothing about it (after i re-arranged appointments to fit her in coz she has a wedding on sat, and i know damn well my husband had sorted the appointment out with her), so she books in for thursday at 5. i was going out at 7.30 so it was important she was on time, and she never turned up, without even a phone call.

she's one of my husbands work colegues, and is known for not telling the truth and being un-reliable, should i charge her for my waisted time, and ultimate loss of money from other clients, or just leave it and learn from it and never do her nails again?

Have you tried asking for deposits from clients. I have bookings where people have paid a deposit. I feel that there is a commit to houring that appointment they have made. They are non returnable so if some one is not sure what they want to do or changes thier mind you still have a little compensation for the time that you have lost.

seems like a great idea. only prob is most new appointments are made over the phone, and clients that make them face to face for say re-balance, i know i can trust to turn up.

i don't mind if someone phones me with their excuses as to why they can't make it, but when they just don't turn up and don't call, even to make a lie up, then i just go mad, and my blood literaly boils, and im quite a calm person in general!

Put it down to experience, and dont take a booking off her again without a deposit and explain why you feel necessary to do this

I get v embarassed about stuff like this :o I do find it hard to deal with...

I book with my hairdressers and they dont ask me for a deposit but I have never not turned up or cancelled if I have to..what can you do?

If she doesn't care enough to have the courtesy to cancel her appt then I'm doubt if she'll care enough to pay a no-show charge & could be more hassle than it's worth - is she likely to tell her friends that she's had a problem with you without telling them that it was completely her fault & causing you very unfair bad press? If she wants to book again then insist on a deposit. Clients like this you can do without.

thanks for all the help!

i agree that if i ask for no-show fee she'd probley tell everyone how bad i am.

annoying thing is, she's an avid nail bitter, and im quite good at sorting this out, and was looking forward to letting her see me work my magic on her mutilated nails!

she's just not worth all the agro!

If she's a colleague of your husbands then maybe ask him if he works with anyone else that wants their nails done but won't muck you around? Then you can show her what she's missing & if she does try to bad mouth you, you'll have someone to stick up for you.

Don't worry about someone bad-mouthing you. You are a great nail tech, and your work speaks for itself. The fact that she didn't call, an even went so far to say that she knew nothing about the appt. shows that she plays games. I wouldn't waist any more time on her. If you want to service her, make her pay something up front. Otherwise, let her be. It's a headache you don't need.

just got a phone call from my husband apparently she had a half day at work and went to bluewater, and didn't get home till 7. glad she's got her prioritys right. bluedwater is open till 9 she could have gone after her nails were done, or after work today. also he has a new woman at work, who has her nails done, but wants my price list coz she's not happy with her nails, my husband knows nothing about nails but he said that they look really bad!

Its just bad manners - plain and simple! These people do not treat you the way they would wish to be treated. You should not have to worry about getting a bad name as you've done nothing wrong. I'd stay away from her, her money isnt worth it :p

Hi

Yes i agree with all the above really she isnt worth it! If she has the CHEEK to book with you again then insist on a deposit of at least 50% that is NONrefundable. She will get the message. Other than that ignore the silly moo!

Carole Lindsay said:
Its just bad manners - plain and simple! These people do not treat you the way they would wish to be treated. You should not have to worry about getting a bad name as you've done nothing wrong. I'd stay away from her, her money isnt worth it :p

I totally agree with Carole......although I wouldn't accept another booking from her unless she paid a deposit first....if she doesn't agree to that then you have every right to decline the appointment.

Carole Lindsay said:
i agree, if she calls or asks my husband im not even going to bother giving her the time of day. yeah fairenough she might actually turn up for the next one, but i don't wanna give her the chance, she has really peeved me off:mad: ! and i have a feeling, if she tried to book in and i said she had to pay a deposit she would refuse and not book, and i don't wanna give her the satisfaction of turning me down!

Petty, yes
unfair to her, no!
:idea:
if i could (and i was really that sad, don't think i am just yet) i would warn all local salons and mobile tecs to stay away from her! :twisted: how evil is that!

Unfortunately not all clients are curtious. I would say you are better off without clients who are inconsiderate and time wasters, at the end of the day hey are just an iconvenience to you.

Latest posts

Back