No shows and late cancellation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairehams26

Reaction score
Just need to vent! I have had a no show and 3 cancel at late notice today so now have only one client today I'm bloody fuming!

Do you charge them!? I charge all my clients 50% of what they had booked upon their next appointment if they cancel within 24 hours or don’t show. I think it’s so disrespectful. I find I’m a lot less bitter when I know I’m getting something for my wasted time.

It was funny, the other day someone cancelled last min due to being made redundant, and I charged. Obviously she wasn’t happy. But once I explained that if all my clients cancelled last min like her I’d essentially be redundant too she agreed to pay the fee upon her next appointment.

If they don’t come back after it’s their loss of a great therapist not yours. We need to know our worth [emoji1360][emoji1360] xxx

Just had one, hence I am on the site. Gel soak off postponed til next week as they still look gorgous she says.
I will not charge ( never do actually , but as I know that money is coming in next week I will not fret)
I would recommend a cancellation list that will help you to fill the space if they're still free. I have a list of 3 ladies requiring a treatment next week , so that's worth having in my experience.
Sometimes you want to throttle the selfish beings , it's so stressful and disrespectful.
Deffo text remind the "repeat offenders" that will cut down the forgetful ,dozy lot that are hopeless. Do a 48 hour text so that you have a little bit more opportunity to give the cancellation list clients a bit more notice.
I have some days when I want to tell everyone to go elsewhere but I have a good moan and find some housework to do instead.
I am old school , so I don't charge as they would take offence and probably alienate some of the more genteel clients that are just forgetful
That's your decision about pre payments.
Hope you feel a little better now.
Best of luck
RosieR

I’ve lost £210.00 this Friday & Saturday.....
Three ‘Last Minute’ cancellations, and one ‘No Show’.....
It disgusts me how thoughtless folk can be!
They are the first to voice their ‘disappointment’ when a local ‘Small Business’ has to close it’s doors.
Why do you think that might be.....?
Could it be that they lost ££££££ waiting for folk who just couldn’t be arsed to turn up for their appointment.......?

I’ve lost £210.00 this Friday & Saturday.....
Three ‘Last Minute’ cancellations, and one ‘No Show’.....
It disgusts me how thoughtless folk can be!
They are the first to voice their ‘disappointment’ when a local ‘Small Business’ has to close it’s doors.
Why do you think that might be.....?
Could it be that they lost ££££££ waiting for folk who just couldn’t be arsed to turn up for their appointment.......?

That's absolutely disgusting , you have lost such a big amount! Have you been in touch to find out what they are messing about at ?
It really naffs me off, but I always contact them if they are 10 mins late as sometimes they are totally useless and forget. Sometimes they can still come ,so as ever I bend over backwards and do a re shuffle of the client list if I can so I don't lose the money. It's knackering trying to work the client list to fit it in , and I do want to scream, have a temper tantrum...... they don't care do they ! Repeat offenders always have the text reminder, it does help.
Will your losses rebook ? However if like me you are rammed next week will you have the chance to fit them in ?
I really hope you get a last minute client today to help fill that massive void in you earnings.
RosieR

To be honest I calculated that 1 no show or alteration per day could result in approx £13k loss per year. Can you afford that?

Nope nor me....... So I got strict and yes, use your discretion if there's been a huge accident on the M25 and they cannot get to you but have always been on time and never cancelled let them off.

However new clients always get charged 50% for a deposit for colour/long appointments or multiple appointments.

My standard terms: yes you will lose some people.....
Then if they don't show up at all or cancel within 24 hours (salon opening times only) they will be charged 100% between 24-48 hours its 50%. If they let me know up to 48 hours before -No charge.

If they want to book back in, they need to pay before they can book any further appointments. No pay- no appointment

This is totally at your discretion. We let certain people off if we feel their custom is too valuable , but we never let people take the pee. Otherwise they will do it time and time again xx

I agree. I started to calculate my last minute reschedules and cancellations and realised that I was losing up to £100 a day!

I debated booking myself solid, without any breaks and hoping that someone didn't show and then I thought, why should I?

We now try and get 50% deposits for treatments of longer than 30 mins and we keep the money if we don't get 24 hours notice. We almost never have to charge for a no show now.

We still slip up and accept bookings without deposits - but we're really trying not to, as these appointments are the ones which mess us around. Ultimately, I'd rather have a client base of punctual, respectful clients - so I never care when I lose a booking because a client is offended at the suggestion I think she might not attend.

In my experience these are the clients I really can't afford to book without a deposit!

I take deposits and also keep them if an appointment is cancelled. If it’s cancelled within 48 hours their next appointment has to be paid in full at the time of booking.

If they don’t show I stop them from rebooking.

It’s all done from the Ovatu online booking app and it also flags high cancellation clients

Just need to vent! I have had a no show and 3 cancel at late notice today so now have only one client today I'm bloody fuming!

I don’t rebook no show no calls. No reason to ignore me if I ask if you are safe and check you are ok if you’ve not turned up. Online bookings have saved me from these and only had 2 in like 2/3 yrs.

Last minute cancellation because something urgent comes up is fine if they tell me, but they pay a deposit and they don’t get it back. They have to book a new appt. Again rarely happens. If it does becomes a regular thing they are only allowed to rebook online not in person so I still get paid when they cancel (set deposit to what you would want if you have to wait around and not work and have time wasted). If someone pays a lot of deposits and continuously cancels I don’t allow further bookings as they are just burning money which doesn’t make my biz look good and I’m losing money for not working even with a deposit.

Latest posts

Back