No shows....for job opportunity!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeupartistzoe

Reaction score
:mad:

In the last year and a half I've built up a team of 6 staff. I've had good staff retention generally as I offer a really fair chair/room/desk rental and its really fair. I've had two no shows for interviews when I started lout and my third today, even though she was really keen on email confirming meeting tonight on Monday lunchtime...

...no email or phone call to apologize or cancel! I offer a month rent free and we are really busy at the moment, coupled with the fact I've fractured my wrist, it's so frustrating turning business away and now I have people wasting my time.

I've advertised on my usual places, window, online, facebook and with local training suppliers....where have you found your best, most reliable staff?

It's a shame you are getting no shows in the current climate. I usually get the interviewees to call an hour prior to the appointment and if they don't then I'll carry on with my day.

Also I found some really good CV's on Hair2BeautyJobSource.com: Beauty Jobs | Hairdressing Jobs | Beauty Recruitment

Register for free trial to see if they are any good in your geographical location if they are then register and download CV's.

Gumtree isn't bad and also if you know of any local well known stylists/therapists offer them a better deal than they get and headhunt them.

Good luck.....

I had a few no shows when setting up about 3-4 weeks ago. Its obviously frustrating, but on the other end of the scale, you've had a lucky escape!

If someone can't turn up to a job interview in this day in age unless they have a seriously good excuse then there is no way they should be on your books.

Its better to reject business with a very reasonable excuse like you've fractured your hand/wrist as your customers will clearly understand and at least the chances of them returning or rebooking for a less busy day will be alot higher than letting someone who is a waste of space loose on them.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from??

Be patient :) the world has a way of telling you who the right candidate is :)

Craig

Some people have no morals I had two not turn up yesterday for interviews the first rang 5 mins before to say he was going mobile the second just didn't arrive.
For me I am extremely busy at the moment and am 6 months pregnant I don't have time for time wasters!

It beggars belief! And these will be the same people that constantly bang on about there being no jobs out there!!!

It's quite common for people to not show for interview. They forget that we have booked out time to see them.
I have quite a lot who dont turn up for trade test. How they think they will get a job without a trade test is beyond me.

well after going to loads of interviews i heard from a lot of employers on the phone they would state straight away after giving interview details that to to rng 24hours before as they have loads of people not turn up and its wasting there time, i thought why say that people cant seriously just npt turn up id feel awful im like this with anything though, but just shows you how common it is x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Well I wouldn't mind moving south again. Manchester is back to its usual grey and wet state.

thanks everyone for your comments, I know the right person will come just as I least expect it/ stop looking!

Latest posts

Back