No shows on a Friday!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkeedee

Reaction score
Really naffed off today due to booking the full afternoon out to two girls wanting nail extensions and eyebrows waxing etc. I had to turn down two regulars who rang on the off chance i could fit them in today and the girls haven't turned up!! I've rung them but they aren't answering.
Why, why, why can't people have the decency to just let you know if they can't make it?
It's so quiet at the moment and i was relieved to have a busy day today and now i'm left twiddling my thumbs.
I'm going to contact my two ladies that tried to book in earlier and offer them an appointment and just hope i can salvage something of my afternoon otherwise i've only got one appointment this evening to do. Not a happy bunny :mad:
Just out of interest how many no shows have other geeks had in the last 6 months?? Thanks x

Last edited:
Not much of problem with no shows but just quiet at the mo. have started taking mobile appts again to keep me going.

Not much of problem with no shows but just quiet at the mo. have started taking mobile appts again to keep me going.
This is only the second no show i've had but as it was an all afternoon appointment it's really annoyed me. This month has been so quiet it was just nice to have some money coming in. One of my other ladies has taken a 2pm appointment now so at least i've got something to do :) I'll be so glad when things pick up again. Roll on xmas!! x

i know its so annoying, ive had a couple of young girls mess me about twice now, if they did it again i was going to ring their mum(i live in a village where everyone knows everyone!).

ive had a really quiet few weeks too but starting to pick up again now!xx

I now take deposits on all appointments over a certain amount from everyone who isn't a regular.

If they're not happy to pay a deposit, I don't book them in. Simples. Serious clients won't mind. Only the messers will complain

It has completely solved my problem of no shows.

I will be taking a deposit from EVERYONE for Christmas appointments as even a few of my regulars failed to attend last year.

SO infuriating when I had a waiting list of clients hoping for cancellations.

I had 2 no shows last night. It rarely ever happens but tres annoying when it does, espevially when 2 come along (or not haha) at once!

I had a girl no show at 1pm for nail extensions, spray tan, eyelash tint, brow tint and wax! So annoying I called her and left a message but no reply! She has also booked in tomorrow for her makeup and hair as its her 21st! It's so rude I've set everything up for her if she had called even this morning to let me know I wouldn't be as bothered!

I had a girl no show at 1pm for nail extensions, spray tan, eyelash tint, brow tint and wax! So annoying I called her and left a message but no reply! She has also booked in tomorrow for her makeup and hair as its her 21st! It's so rude I've set everything up for her if she had called even this morning to let me know I wouldn't be as bothered!
Thats how i felt, i had my wax pot on and all my stuff set up for nothing :(

We had our first groupon no show. So peed off. We will not be offering her another appointment as I will be on the phone to groupon tomorrow to redeem her codes, it clearly stated a 48 cancelation notice is required. No shows drive me mad! Luckily since using the SMS reminder system on salonlite our no shows have reduced, but we still get the odd one.

We have done around 80 groupon deals and this is our first no show, 9 days before the deal expires!

ive done 6 deals altogether and groupon worst for no shows! i had 4 in a row! just make sure you get their codes beforehand! and you still get paid (a pittance!)

Really naffed off today due to booking the full afternoon out to two girls wanting nail extensions and eyebrows waxing etc. I had to turn down two regulars who rang on the off chance i could fit them in today and the girls haven't turned up!! I've rung them but they aren't answering.
Why, why, why can't people have the decency to just let you know if they can't make it?
It's so quiet at the moment and i was relieved to have a busy day today and now i'm left twiddling my thumbs.
I'm going to contact my two ladies that tried to book in earlier and offer them an appointment and just hope i can salvage something of my afternoon otherwise i've only got one appointment this evening to do. Not a happy bunny :mad:
Just out of interest how many no shows have other geeks had in the last 6 months?? Thanks x

Its very annoying to get no shows whether it be a 15 min slot or 1hr plus people just don't care - but i definitely would ask for a deposit on nail extensions or over 1 hr appts.

Over the last 2 months I've had 3 no-shows... it's gutting isn't it? I work from home now so it's good that I can just get on with things but when I was mobile for a year I had 4 ladies who weren't even home when I showed up. RUDE springs to mind if I'm honest - I'd never dream of letting someone down like that!

xxx

We had our first groupon no show. So peed off. We will not be offering her another appointment as I will be on the phone to groupon tomorrow to redeem her codes, it clearly stated a 48 cancelation notice is required. No shows drive me mad! Luckily since using the SMS reminder system on salonlite our no shows have reduced, but we still get the odd one.

We have done around 80 groupon deals and this is our first no show, 9 days before the deal expires!

I redeem as doom as I take booking. Then if u get no show make dire u have a list of codes for that person near phone as they will try and use fifferent name etc

Latest posts

Back