No Table

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acwhiteh

Reaction score
Hi there - I know this is a really stupid thing to be worrying about but I have only being doing nails mobile for a few weeks - what does everyone use when the client you are visiting doesn't have a table or anythong in there house - I own an REM mobile nail table/trolley which I could use but its just too much messing about - putting in car etc. and I cant afford to buy a fold down one - am I just being thick???

Clare

I think in the past some geeks have said an ironing board (I maybe wrong). I'm interested to see what the other say as I will be offering nails mobile in the next couple of weeks but not to sure if I should get a mobile table or use a clients table.

well normally I just use the clients' table - I actually prefer it if they have a breakfast bar as its much more comfy to sit at that level and do enhancements for a few hours - I've known people use tray's and things before but it doesnt seem very professional but on the other hand - what if the client doesnt have any room for you to bring a manicure desk/table/trolley???

Clare

Camping tables can be small, lightweight and portable, instead of paying for a portable manicure table, this might be a cheaper option.

Hi,

Yes, ironing boards have been suggested in the past and then cover them with towels etc.

However, I personally would say invest the money in a decent mobile table. It looks professional and you always have the right type of table then.

When you rely on your clients providing a table, you could end up with all sorts (too large / wide, too small etc). You need to take your own health into consideration and if you are constantly sitting in a bad position because of the tables that you are working on, you can really hurt yourself in the long run.

I have never come across a client who didn't have enough space for setting up a table. Even in the smallest of houses I've managed to sort myself out.
You only need about a 1½ m square.

Marlise

Hi

I have been using an ironing board for nearly 3 years now, I also have no intensions of lugging a table around with me.
When I get to my client house they have it up and waiting for me.
It is height ajustable and no too wide, they are fab

xx

HI thank you to everyone who has replied - I use an ironing board when I'm at my mum's house - doing her nails and all the neighbours!!!! Just didn't seem professional enough to use at clients' houses but now I know that other technician's are using one it cant be that bad - better than sitting on the floor using the sofa's foot rest!!!

Clare

I think in the past some geeks have said an ironing board (I maybe wrong). I'm interested to see what the other say as I will be offering nails mobile in the next couple of weeks but not to sure if I should get a mobile table or use a clients table.

Wow wot a great idea!!! I have been compromising - either using my camping table or clients table!!

We were recommended to use an ironing board by our tutor during training if nothing else is suitable. The width is normally fine but I find I knock my legs on the ironing board legs underneath and they are not very stable. When using a dining table I tend to set up across the diagonal of a corner. This reduces the width and I can set up my products to the right next to me. We got used to having to stretch across tables that were too wide during training and it plays havoc on the back. That's why I adapted to using a table corner in my own and family's homes.

Sallys have a mobile table on offer from 1sept for £39.99

i did a thread on this a few weeks back i use a ironing board.

Latest posts

Back