No win no fee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah2422

Reaction score
So this nightmare customer has contacted a no win no fee it’s been 18 months since I did her hair. I know I don’t have to legally respond… has anyone had this same problem? Please don’t judge but My liability insurance had lapsed I didn’t realise…. I’m happy to pay solicitors because I know she never has a burnt scalp that she now claiming to have..: it says on the letter she didn’t go the doctors or see any medical profession. How can people make up lies ans try and ruin small Bussiness. Thank you for anyone that can help x

So this nightmare customer has contacted a no win no fee it’s been 18 months since I did her hair. I know I don’t have to legally respond… has anyone had this same problem? Please don’t judge but My liability insurance had lapsed I didn’t realise…. I’m happy to pay solicitors because I know she never has a burnt scalp that she now claiming to have..: it says on the letter she didn’t go the doctors or see any medical profession. How can people make up lies ans try and ruin small Bussiness. Thank you for anyone that can help x
The onus is on HER to prove you did something wrong. NOT you to prove that you didn't! So if she hasn't been seen by a doctor, and had it noted on her records or taken any photos as proof. I wish her luck in pursuing it in court! Also, perjury (lying in a court) is a criminal offense that carries up to 10 years in jail. She might want to re-think! Too many people think it's very easy to sue others. It's the fault of the no win no fee companies. We have become a very litigious society to make a quick buck out of someone else! Seek advice from a solicitor, they will probably tell you the same. Leave it to them to fight it out and don't get involved!

Hope that puts your mind at rest.

Nicky

Can you make a counter-claim for defamation of character and compensation for subsequent loses?
Probably you'll get nowhere but it should make her shut herself.

Can you make a counter-claim for defamation of character and compensation for subsequent loses?
Probably you'll get nowhere but it should make her shut herself.
I agree. If she’s at it she won’t want to go to court. The no win no fee company won’t either if they have no hard proof. So she’d need to pay privately. Then u make a counter claim. But only if you can prove it. Maybe see your GP for stress and anxiety get that on record and submit that as evidence. See where it’s going? She’d either give up or get stung herself if she can’t prove anything, yet you could. If she’s defamed you to others get them to sign affidavit’s and use them!

Thank you for all your responses. It’s really took it’s toll on me I lost my dad last year very suddenly and with her letters on top its awful… some people are just out for money x

Latest posts

Back