Noisy CND lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovin it

Reaction score
Hi there just received my new lamp and it was fine first few days but today and yesterday when I turned it on initially it makes a whirling noise for about 60 secs then goes back to normal??? Anyone else had this? I called s2 and I'm returning it for them to check!! X

Mine's been doing that for nearly a year. Sometimes it makes no noise, other times its noisy for a little bit and then goes back to normal. I think its just a dodgy fan as it cures perfectly normally. However, I am very weary about the whole CND lamp issue as this is my 5th lamp in 4 years - for me they've a bad track record (I have a reserve just in case)!

Karaxxx

The first time I use it on a cold morning mine sometimes does that too.......and then after that it's ok
Strange 😏

Mine occasionally does this too, as someone else said especially when it's cold, but it's about 3 years old had new bulbs and is still working fine x

Mine is 3 years of and does the same.

Only for the first use of. The day and then it's fine.

:)

I still have the original version of the cnd lamp and never had any issues at all, unlike the new version which appears to have caused so many people ongoing grief!

I still have the original version of the cnd lamp and never had any issues at all, unlike the new version which appears to have caused so many people ongoing grief!

My first one lasted a year and I got that in May 2010 as soon as Shellac came out! It didn't go wrong in the same way they do now, the port where you put the power lead in got push inside the lamp and made it unusable. After that all the lamps that have gone wrong have been the usual 2 bulbs not working fault and that goes back to August 2011. The shortest time I've had out of one is 6 weeks.

Karaxxx

My first one lasted a year and I got that in May 2010 as soon as Shellac came out! It didn't go wrong in the same way they do now, the port where you put the power lead in got push inside the lamp and made it unusable. After that all the lamps that have gone wrong have been the usual 2 bulbs not working fault and that goes back to August 2011. The shortest time I've had out of one is 6 weeks.

Karaxxx

Not good, I have two of the original style <one inherited from a friend who gave up with brisa> and wont be replacing them with the new style once my old faithfuls finally go to 'Lamp heaven!' x

Just an update, I sent it back last Wednesday and had a brand new one by Saturday !! Pretty good service if u ask me &#128522;

Mine always makes a whirring noise, is this not normal? I just thought it was the fan and it was supposed to. I've had it a year so don't know if they will replace but it seems to cure properly. Is it a problem?

Mine was a really bizarre noise for about a minute then went back to the normal "purr" lol you could tell it wasn't right just listening to it !! X

My second lamp ( I use 2 and it's my newest, about 18 months old) started doing this about 3 months after I got it. It's still fine and stops after the first client of the day normally xx

I recently had the two bulb issue and rang up S2, they are collecting and replacing it this on Monday. I'm concerned about my other two which I got just over a year ago- 1 which I've only used a handful of times as it's my pedicure lamp. I'm concerned that they will become faulty too but S2 said they won't replace them unless they become faulty, as they said they don't all become faulty, even though they're from the same batch! I asked about the fact that they would then be out of warranty and they said they wouldn't replace them out of the year warranty. Can they do this if it's a known fault? Seems ridiculous and unfair to small businesses, that a big company like CND would not replace the lamps if this happens out of warranty, if they have a reasonable amount of hours on them too! I don't understand why they aren't being recalled, most products with known electrical faults are recalled. Anyone who can shed some light on this or knows where we stand on our rights would be greatly appreciated. :) x

I currently work in retail, though I know it's different than supply product for professional use than domestic but i advice any person having issues with their lamps after the years guarantee to do some research into the six year electoral product guarantee as we have previously been able to exchange TVs out of a years guarantee, it's not rail try worked out and you do not receive a refund or replaced 100% free but you can sometimes claim a certain percentage back after the years guarantee If proven not fit for purpose.
Though like I said I am not sure how it works for professional use but it's worth a look into

Hopefully it makes sense.

Honestly the issues I'm reading about CND lamps really puts me off in investing in shellac specially if you have to use their lamps with their gels

I am so glad it is not just mine. It makes the funny noise for the first 10 seconds of base coat then it is fine after that. It had me really worried the first time it happened.

I currently work in retail, though I know it's different than supply product for professional use than domestic but i advice any person having issues with their lamps after the years guarantee to do some research into the six year electoral product guarantee as we have previously been able to exchange TVs out of a years guarantee, it's not rail try worked out and you do not receive a refund or replaced 100% free but you can sometimes claim a certain percentage back after the years guarantee If proven not fit for purpose.
Though like I said I am not sure how it works for professional use but it's worth a look into

Hopefully it makes sense.

Honestly the issues I'm reading about CND lamps really puts me off in investing in shellac specially if you have to use their lamps with their gels

Thanks for that. I will not be giving up if they become faulty. I like to know where I stand before arguing my point. I don't understand if it's a known fault why they would even say they won't replace out of warranty. X

Thanks for that. I will not be giving up if they become faulty. I like to know where I stand before arguing my point. I don't understand if it's a known fault why they would even say they won't replace out of warranty. X

No worries, though I just realised my epic amount of typos so sorry for that.
Consumer law may be different for domestic use and professional use and items and cost of items are also a factor but it it worth have a read into on the internet. Or speaking to someone about it, my knowledge on it is very little as anything like this is a rare claim and often gets passed onto store manager or head office.

No worries, though I just realised my epic amount of typos so sorry for that.
Consumer law may be different for domestic use and professional use and items and cost of items are also a factor but it it worth have a read into on the internet. Or speaking to someone about it, my knowledge on it is very little as anything like this is a rare claim and often gets passed onto store manager or head office.

Thanks hun. I appreciate you taking the time to help x

Latest posts

Back