Noisy salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elemisgeek

Reaction score
Hi, we are struggling with the noise we can hear people in reception when in the treatment rooms does anyone else have this problem? And does it effect your business or any ideas? Really appreciate any advice

Hi
Having worked in different salons where you can and can't hear other client / hairdressing noises I would say that your clients definitely notice and comment on it.
It depends what beauty treatments you are doing as to whether it is a problem. If you are doing a 'chatty' treatment your clients probably won't be bothered but if you are doing massage or holistic services they definitely will.
I currently work from home and several clients have mentioned that it is so much nicer not to hear hair driers going.

Try to think of ways you could insulate your areas more eg. put in a door?
If all else fails turn the CD up!!

Is the reception area carpeted? That will reduce the noise quite a bit. Also, if the walls of the treatment rooms are plasterboard and not brick then they can be thickened with extra paneling.

Interested in this thread as I also can hear reception noise when in a treatment. Only a problem with massage, facials etc. I ask my therapists to talk quietly and hope clients pick up on this and follow suit. Failing that, I turn the cd up!!

Oh wow yes I can hear EVERYTHING! Dryers, people shouting because of the dryers. We have a little 'box' about waist height (it's to allow head height for access to the basement) attached to my wall and it's made of plaster board. If someone is stood there and taps or even moves while leaning on it the noise is ridiculous! People have asked me if there are workmen upstairs [emoji15] it's beyond a joke sometimes!! I've asked the girls to try and keep it down but when you have elderly clients who have bad hearing the girls have to speak up. Massage is a struggle lol.

I worked in a hotel spa salon and the clients who came for manicures and pedicures didn't mind noise and they were very Chatty themselves but clients who came for facial or body treatment were actually annoyed by the noise or other voices in the salon. So if you use an aircon or not sure in uk if you need one due to your cold weather but in Africa we need on and that dulls the noise also you can get a small machine which makes an ocean noise and I also play radio softy like spa music and it works really well.

Latest posts

Back