non blendable tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

Reaction score
im got a little free sample the other day of nail tips that you dont need to blend into the nail, when i went to my nail supplier he only does them in little packets ( thats where i got the sample from) does anyone know somewhere that does them, it saves so much time.
cheers

tina x x

Tina, there is no need to blend any tip if the client has any free edge at all!!

Just cut out the well of the tip (so it matches the length of the free edge)with curved scissors or do the filing trick and apply. Thin a little and away you go.

Not many people blend these days unless they have to. Do they?

You dont have to blend any tip... but realise there is a strength compromise when you dont blend a tip down.

Less tip=more room for product (which is always much stronger than tips) ;)

Hope this helps

The Nail Geek said:
You dont have to blend any tip... but realise there is a strength compromise when you dont blend a tip down.

Less tip=more room for product (which is always much stronger than tips) ;)

Hope this helps

I always blend as I worry about being able to see a line if I don't especiallly with the wrap systems...but as I now use L&P as well does this non blending only really apply to L&P?

Fab Freak said:
I always blend as I worry about being able to see a line if I don't especiallly with the wrap systems...but as I now use L&P as well does this non blending only really apply to L&P?

These nails I did for the Fabric# add were done with unblended Velocity tips and applied as above, with the well cut out. The photographs are untouched and are the same nails used for the Fabric# step by step.

You can see how I applied the tip in the step 5 shot.

Attachments

• Fabric Hero 72.jpg
    Fabric Hero 72.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 266
  • FABRIC STEP 5.jpg
    FABRIC STEP 5.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 330
Fab - I use velocity, so will try this tonight ....

geeg said:
Tina, there is no need to blend any tip if the client has any free edge at all!!

Just cut out the well of the tip (so it matches the length of the free edge)with curved scissors or do the filing trick and apply. Thin a little and away you go.

Not many people blend these days unless they have to. Do they?
God i must sound so thick, i didn't realise that most people don't blend nowadays??

I've been using french white tips recently and thus you don't have to blen then (which is great), but i didn't realise you could reduce the well and get away without blending on 'normal' tips.

I have so much to learn.

Em.xx

Emmajt said:
God i must sound so thick, i didn't realise that most people don't blend nowadays??

I've been using french white tips recently and thus you don't have to blen then (which is great), but i didn't realise you could reduce the well and get away without blending on 'normal' tips.

I have so much to learn.

Em.xx
Hey Em, dont chastise yourself, i blend tips as well :eek: . I was taught to blend and didnt know otherwise!! We've both got a lot to learn eh?

Carole Lindsay said:
Hey Em, dont chastise yourself, i blend tips as well :eek: . I was taught to blend and didnt know otherwise!! We've both got a lot to learn eh?
Too right!!

Em.xx

Hello,

I do not know if I have really understood this...
I can cut out the WHOLE contact area and aply the tip without it? And then do not need to buff the tip for better adhesion of the powder?? just put the tip on an do the overlay???? And if I cut out the whole contact area then I would only need one sort of tips, or not??? I think the tips have different contact areas ( formatin, velocity, eclypse) but if there is no contact area then why buy 3 sorts of tips???
Hm, I`m a little bit confused.....

:?:

Janosch1974 said:
Hello,

I do not know if I have really understood this...
I can cut out the WHOLE contact area and aply the tip without it? And then do not need to buff the tip for better adhesion of the powder?? just put the tip on an do the overlay???? And if I cut out the whole contact area then I would only need one sort of tips, or not??? I think the tips have different contact areas ( formatin, velocity, eclypse) but if there is no contact area then why buy 3 sorts of tips???
Hm, I`m a little bit confused.....

:?:

You reduce the size of the tip well (not cut out the whole contact area) so that the well that is left is exactly the same length as the free edge yo are adhering it to. Thus when you adhere the tip, the edge of the tip well sits right on the natural smile line.
Then I Do buff the tip to make it thinner (as always) which means I can apply more product for strength. Takes 2 seconds to do.

Reducing the tip well does not change the shape of the tip. Velocity has tapered sides ( for oval or squoval shape) and Eclipse and Formation have parrallel sides (for perfectly square shape). All the tips have different C curve to match different nail shapes so all that still is relevant.

In my opinion, one doesn't save much time using this technique over blending, but it does save the natural nail from getting thinned by technicians who can't blend a tip without filing the nail at the same time!!

Another good thing about this technique, is that if a client breaks a nail, it snaps right off at the free edge which doesn't cause any harm or pain to the natural nail and makes a repair very easy as all you have to do is fit a form and sculpt on a new tip.

geeg said:
You reduce the size of the tip well (not cut out the whole contact area) so that the well that is left is exactly the same length as the free edge yo are adhering it to. Thus when you adhere the tip, the edge of the tip well sits right on the natural smile line.
Then I Do buff the tip to make it thinner (as always) which means I can apply more product for strength. Takes 2 seconds to do.

Reducing the tip well does not change the shape of the tip. Velocity has tapered sides ( for oval or squoval shape) and Eclipse and Formation have parrallel sides (for perfectly square shape). All the tips have different C curve to match different nail shapes so all that still is relevant.

In my opinion, one doesn't save much time using this technique over blending, but it does save the natural nail from getting thinned by technicians who can't blend a tip without filing the nail at the same time!!

Another good thing about this technique, is that if a client breaks a nail, it snaps right off at the free edge which doesn't cause any harm or pain to the natural nail and makes a repair very easy as all you have to do is fit a form and sculpt on a new tip.
Oh, i'm with you now Gigi.

i can feel a 'practise on Mum' night coming on.

Em.xx

I'm glad i read this, i as always taught to cut out most of the well area anyway but thought you had to blend in completely. As Geeg said you have to be so careful when doing this so as not to blend the natural nail.

Have to say i wondered about this a while ago, if you are using L&P pink and white then you will cover the tip area with white so will cover the edge. As with the french white tips you can buy where you don't blend at all, i suppose its a similar theory.

I personally wouldn't use the white french tips as i think the hand done white tip is so much more natural looking, not such a false look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back