Non monetary tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balance Andover

Reaction score
What things have you received as a tip?

I got 12 free range eggs from a clients own hens once, they were delicious :)

Hens eggs, duck eggs, champagne, rhubarb, plums, scones, and the weirdest/kindest/sweetest one of all?
Half a home made quiche left on the doorstep from a little old lady client with a card saying "I'm worried about you, lynne, please eat something"

I got to bottles of my fav perfume

Duck eggs, perfume, gorgeous hand lotion, a silver ring inlaid with diamonds (a smaller and more modern version of a ring my client had bought herself while on holiday), leather bag, alcohol, fruit, diary, mug, lunch out, book, pendant, Brabantia rotary clothes dryer, clothes pegs (not the same client), Im sure there is more (this is over 10 years though)

The funniest thing I ever got was a man brought me a picture of himself sitting on the sofa with his arm around a goat!:eek: I'm not kidding! It had turned into a family pet and was full grown! He really loved it though, so there was an Awwww moment too. I have got loads of other stuff too. Food items, Wine, Candles, earrings and a lovely necklace. I'm sure there's more, but I'm off out now, so typing this in a hurry!

I've not had many non-money tips yet.

My grandma used to always give me homegrown veg and jars of stuff she'd made but that doesn't count lol ... she'd have done that even if I hadn't given her fabulous hair cuts. :p

I have a client who's brought me a new look voucher before.
And one who brought me a new fangled extension styler, which was nice.

Wine. Chocolates. My clients know me too well as they know that's all I need. And it's always rosè, my fave ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Think I might point my clients in the direction of this thread 😉 I'm feeling a little unloved lol xx

An elderly lady brought a plate of raspberry and fresh cream tarts she'd made herself for us as she didn't have extra money for a tip at the time, bless her!! Such a sweetheart xxx

Hens eggs, duck eggs, champagne, rhubarb, plums, scones, and the weirdest/kindest/sweetest one of all?
Half a home made quiche left on the doorstep from a little old lady client with a card saying "I'm worried about you, lynne, please eat something"

Ahh thats lovely! I hope you are doing better and its nice to see you posting again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Chocolate, wine, plants, crystals, candles, but best of all, my pussy cat !!

As a pussy cat I don't get many tips (apart from the occasional stroke) but this one time we went to the salon and I got a new human... Sucker. Anyway where's my food human.

As a pussy cat I don't get many tips (apart from the occasional stroke) but this one time we went to the salon and I got a new human... Sucker. Anyway where's my food human.

Pussy cats call humans.. slaves :biggrin:

Pussy cats call humans.. slaves :biggrin:

That's not pussylitically correct

I get a lot of wine and champagne, and a lot of home produce like honey and eggs - funnily enough this week I got given 6 eggs! I've also had Turkish delight, olives, liquorice, cheese, a wallet, a paperweight, a pair of tweezers, and a bunch of mistletoe!

I get a lot of wine and champagne, and a lot of home produce like honey and eggs - funnily enough this week I got given 6 eggs! I've also had Turkish delight, olives, liquorice, cheese, a wallet, a paperweight, a pair of tweezers, and a bunch of mistletoe!

Tweezers... lol

Tweezers... lol

They were expensive Swiss made ones as well! She bought a pair for herself, and loved them so much she thought I'd like a pair!

Someone bought me a body shop hair and body wash...

Someone bought me a body shop hair and body wash...

Something even your best friend won't tell you...?

Latest posts

Back