Non wipe top coat vs top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miat1974

Reaction score
Despite the obvious.... is there any difference? Does one work better than the other? what are people’s preference?

No wipe top coats are usually "stronger" and give a nice shine. Great for chrome nails.
Normal top coat is easy to soak off. So I usually use no wipe on external and top with inhibition layer on top of gel polish on natural nails for easy removal.

Non-wipe all the way for me! I find it slightly thicker than regular top coat and it gives a lovely shiny finish x

The biggest issue with a regular top coat compared to non wipe is that they are slightly porous and will attract stains and break down over time. For gel polish that’s soak off it’s no problem because you are soaking off and changing more regularly, but for enhancement it’s more of an issue because of longer wear. Non wipe is also a solid and often times non soak off and can create more cracking and lifting over soak of products. Harder gels over softer is always a bad combination. Also a non wipe will not allow oil thru and for nails that need oils for flexibility or nails that need products with more give non wipe will be to hard of a wear. For enhancements or hard gel products it’s always better with non wipe as with soak off enhancements or polish it’s better with a traditional soak off top coat. Hope this helps :)

Non wipe for me too!

Latest posts

Back