Normal white tips..do you still do white l&p?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyjane

Reaction score
Do you know when you use the normal white tips (not french fin) do you always do the tip with white powder & liquid or do you ever just do the whole nail with pink powder and liquid?

Ive tried not using the white for the tip but it looks like it gives a shadow on the tip

any advice?

xx

I like natural tips with natural powder, it gives an ......... um Natural Look.

Most of my clients prefer not to advertise the fact they have fake nails.

If the nails you do have a shadow, perhaps you are not buffing the tip in correctly.

I dont really use tips anymore but....when I did I didnt ALWAYS use pink and white.....I used, clear with glimmer mixed in, or instead of white and pink I replaced the white with black, or infact any colour .....(that the client wanted)

I only sculpt now these days......

Yes i forgot to mention NAtural!! I do alot of sculpts with natural and pink for a ......natural look!!

When i first started nails and even after i was newly qualified i would use white tips and depending what the client wanted i would either place white L&P over the white tip to give it a better look or for those who didnt want that i would just do a clear or pink over the whole nail & tip but you have to remove the shine first.

These days i prefer to use a natural or clear tip and use P&W or for the more daring client i use glitter for the tip HTH

I like natural tips with natural powder, it gives an ......... um Natural Look.

Most of my clients prefer not to advertise the fact they have fake nails.

If the nails you do have a shadow, perhaps you are not buffing the tip in correctly.

Snap, using a natural tip with natural L&P gives a lovely Err Naural look lol :green:

When i have applied creatives french tips, then i definitley notice a shadow..as the well area is very thin..but on the other brand i use (hawley) then theres no shadow apparent..due totally to the tip being a thicker plastic.
I ahve always used white over the tip..then pink on zone 2/3. If you are having problems with a shadow then definitley try using white powder. Its not due to the tip being blended in as of course you know white tips are cut out and just the shine removed. HTH

yep i apply white l&p on the tip.. i like it better myself.. but i do have some girls who just want the tips with clear or pink overlay..

Snap, using a natural tip with natural L&P gives a lovely Err Naural look lol :green:

i know what a natural tip is of course but what is natural l&p? x

Yes i forgot to mention NAtural!! I do alot of sculpts with natural and pink for a ......natural look!!

i do sculpts with white for the tip and pink for zone 2 and 3. i always wondered what to use so they looked natural - like natural tips blended in with clear or pink gel over (if i was doing gel, i only use gel for a natural look cos i duno what colour powder to use to do natural l&p)
... if i sculpted what would i use for the tip? i would obviously use pink for zones 2 and 3
I could blend a natural ip and apply just pink all over couldnt i but i like doing the tip white because it makes them bright white!

xx

Hi, I'm a little confused as to why you guys use white powder over a french white tip? Surely if its a good tip then you should'nt need white powder until the tip needs rebalancing? I know that I used to sometimes get shadows but it was due to overbuffing on the tip area.

i know what a natural tip is of course but what is natural l&p? x

You have different coloured powders....
Natural, pink blush, pink masque, white, clear etc etc.

if you use a natural tip and blend in "avoiding the natural nail of course" (dont mean to sound like im having a go but not sure if you have used natural tips before) Then use the natural powder in zones 1, 2, & 3 it gives a lovely natural look & finish HTH

EDITED TO ADD...If i can find one i have done i will post a pic!

Hi, I'm a little confused as to why you guys use white powder over a french white tip? Surely if its a good tip then you should'nt need white powder until the tip needs rebalancing? I know that I used to sometimes get shadows but it was due to overbuffing on the tip area.
well i can only speak for myself..i prefer white powder on the tip as opposed to just pulling over natural or clear over the whole enhancement as i like to use pink powder on zone 2/3..IMO it gives a prettier result.
If i were to pull pink over the whole enhancement then the white tip loses its crispness.
Creative french tips are beautifully structured and certainly are a good tip but do need white powder to disguise shadowing due to the thin contact area. (i would still use white powder even if they didnt for the reasons mentioned above)
Hawley do not have a shadow evident but are rather cheap and have no flexibility whatsover..these i wouldnt class as a good tip..but do not need white powder..but again i still use it..as it gives the prettiest result IMO.
I dont understand what you mean by overbuffing a white tip..do you mean blending away your smile line, then having to replace it with white powder??

I used to be a bit overzealous when it came to refining and buffing and sometimes file through the product in to the tip which left a shadow (in the early days). I understand what you mean about the crispness though. I put clear over the white tip and then butt the pink up to the clear. I use OPI tips they have no well and do not need the shine to be removed.

How do you rate creative (french) against opi in price and quality wise?:)

To be perfectly honest I have never used Creative (french) so I could'nt say. I use Creatives l&p and Young Nails l&p and Youngs Synergy Gel but I worked in Debenhams where we used OPI products and just loved their tips. Theres a lovely crisp smile line with them and no buffing. All three companies have excellent quality products and as I don't really use white tips very often (mainly rebalances now or glitter tips) I tend to stick with what I feel most comfortable with when it comes to tips. I would like to try Creative French though, I will get some next time I place an order.

well i can only speak for myself..i prefer white powder on the tip as opposed to just pulling over natural or clear over the whole enhancement as i like to use pink powder on zone 2/3..IMO it gives a prettier result.
If i were to pull pink over the whole enhancement then the white tip loses its crispness.
Creative french tips are beautifully structured and certainly are a good tip but do need white powder to disguise shadowing due to the thin contact area. (i would still use white powder even if they didnt for the reasons mentioned above)
Hawley do not have a shadow evident but are rather cheap and have no flexibility whatsover..these i wouldnt class as a good tip..but do not need white powder..but again i still use it..as it gives the prettiest result IMO.
I dont understand what you mean by overbuffing a white tip..do you mean blending away your smile line, then having to replace it with white powder??
Have you tried the new Hawley tips .........?????? FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS

no i havent seen them at our local supplier (hairmart) yet. The ones i use sometimes (natural and french) only suit flat nail beds and can be a bugger to blend..not as bad as creatives formations though (hate them with a passion). The stop point isnt the best either on the "old" hawleys either.
So give us the lowdown on why they are so FAAAAABULOUS, please!:)

no i havent seen them at our local supplier (hairmart) yet. The ones i use sometimes (natural and french) only suit flat nail beds and can be a bugger to blend..not as bad as creatives formations though (hate them with a passion). The stop point isnt the best either on the "old" hawleys either.
So give us the lowdown on why they are so FAAAAABULOUS, please!:)
no well at all, completely str8 sidewalls unlike those tapering others (the tapering should be up to us, not the manufacturer), these are completely different from any other previous tip, ring Hawley's direct (as they may still be a secret) tell them I told you :lol: (I may get in trouble .... who cares).Along with the "illume" adhesive, I'm flabbergasted. The whole product range is blowing brains all over the country.

Latest posts

Back