Nosey clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxybear

Reaction score
Ive just had a client text me asking where I get my hair from as is the best she's had but she's not prepared to come to me for the fitting as its to far (not even 10 miles away and she drives) ive told her point blank im not prepared to give that information out. I didn't want to sound rude but there's so much competition around: did I do the right thing what would you have done?

I wouldn't have told her either!

I wouldn't have told her! So cheeky!! Xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Good for you, I wouldn't give her the info either. Whilst people are entitled to change salons, I think it's pretty rude to ask you for the info seeing as though you are close for her to come to.

Rude on her part!

I would've told her to f off!!! xxx

We work hard to source our suppliers. Why would we share that info with our clients?

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If she is not going to come to you anyway, it doesn't matter whether you tell her or not. Don't most people advertise which brand they use?

We are talking hair extensions, aren't we?

You have every right to not give her this information. Honestly, what ive seen lately are some people are even getting this information and finding it online (yes, even EBAY) and buying it themselves. I find it fairly rude that she loved your work and is telling you your unaccessible.

Hi, I've just amended the thread title to 'Nosey Clients' as 'Old Clients' infers it's a thread to do with someone's age.

Definitely no need to pass on details of suppliers to clients. This is definitely what I'd call privileged information. You could just state you buy them from a supplier who sells to qualified professionals only or something along those lines.

I had a client last week, have done her 4 times now, she just has a Colorance Demi colour but always about 5-7 months apart. She is quite challenging for such a simple service. First time insisted on seeing the manufacturer instructions, and last time was convinced I hadn't mixed up correct colour as she thought it looked different so I had to physically show her the tube!
At the end she asked to see the shade chart again and then got her phone out and took a pic of the shade chart and pic of the swatch we had used! I have no idea what she intends to do with the information, I'm guessing she will try and buy on line but she would have no idea what developer to buy to go with it but we go through the same rigmarole every time and she is always pleased but I'm worn out with all her questions, it's like I'm being interrogated!

I had the same thing at college when a client asked one of the level 2 students to look at the tubes of colour and peroxide, then asked where to buy it from, I hastily went over and told her you have to be a professional to buy the products. So cheeky!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back