Not enjoying waxing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyxperts

Reaction score
I'm considering training with Kim Lawless or Waxperts in the new year as I absolutely HATE waxing! I've never taken any advanced courses because of this and I'm only trained in warm wax (qualified 18 yrs ago) so you can imagine I feel "old school" with my technique!
Has anyone been in this position that's gone on to extra training and started to love it? I think I feel this way as I haven't updated my skills in this area X

Hi beautyxperts, I'm in the same position and have booked to go on the Waxperts course in 2 weeks. I'm hoping for great things!

Hi beautyxperts, I'm in the same position and have booked to go on the Waxperts course in 2 weeks. I'm hoping for great things!

I'm relieved I'm not the only therapist feeling like this! Let me know how you get on the Waxperts X

I hated waxing for years. I never felt confident and was totally daunted by a full leg BUT I was always aware of how profitable it was. I used to think "it costs me this and you pay me that" so decided to stop hating full legs and start embracing them - so to speak!

I did intimate with Kim about 2 years ago and am one of the few in my area offering 'proper' Brazilians - ie not just the front!

Waxing is a staple. People would rather go without food than have hairy bits so it's always in demand. Extra training never hurt anyone and you may increase your speed which at the very least means it gets it over quicker.

Vic x

Hi!

I have not long completed my basic wax training and do not feel confident at all especially at the thought of a full leg.

Please someone tell me this is something that gets better with practice.

I am thinking of attending Kim Lawless training to boost my confidence

X

I hated waxing for years. I never felt confident and was totally daunted by a full leg BUT I was always aware of how profitable it was. I used to think "it costs me this and you pay me that" so decided to stop hating full legs and start embracing them - so to speak!

I did intimate with Kim about 2 years ago and am one of the few in my area offering 'proper' Brazilians - ie not just the front!

Waxing is a staple. People would rather go without food than have hairy bits so it's always in demand. Extra training never hurt anyone and you may increase your speed which at the very least means it gets it over quicker.

Vic x

This is what I'm thinking its a profitable business with regular clientele, it takes me about 30 mins for 1/2 leg & 45 for FLW with warm wax. From comments I read about Kim Lawless training I think I'd be silly not to invest in her training X

I knew this would come back to haunt me. Literally as I was writing this last night I had an online booking for a full leg and Brazilian for today. It's the hairiest client I have ever done. I was smiling to myself as I started thinking it'll serve me right. 50 minutes later and a full leg, Brazilian and brow tidy were complete and I earned a fair whack.

If you're not confident definitely do kims training. Her Brazilian waxing training has given me the confidence to attack growlers head on!

Vic x

That last line should be on all Kim's marketing materials!!

Yes I hated it because I wasn't confident at all. It's 99% of my (small) business now and I love it.

Latest posts

Back