Not getting the customers for facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charli.

Reaction score
I do dermalogica facials and it is my real passion, if I could I would do facials all day every day, however I don't sem to be getting customers for them.

I work both at a salon on a self employed commison basis and mobile. My mobile business is not as busy as I'd like but I do get work from it, yet I have never had a full facial booking. I've been going a year and I charge less than £20 for an hour. At the salon it's £35 for a facial but we don't seem to have many people booking them. I probably do 1 or 2 a month.

I am continuously doing manicures which I'm not that fussed on, how do I get more people coming for facials? I thought about branching out and getting a caci machine and tried to get known more for my facials as someone I know who works for herself does this and now she does facials all the time, but there is someone at my salon who does the caci and she is really not busy at all. I also thought about the bliss machine which does brilliant extractions, but I don't want to spend money on things I'm not going to get the return on.

Thanks,
Charli

Why not offer a discounted facial along with another treatment like a massage or something similar...might get people trying the facials.
I personally love facials and especially Dermalogica but that said if I've only got £20 to spend on a beauty treatment I'm more likely to forego a facial I'm afraid which sadly is also many other people's view point. You just need to change their minds and make it a more "essential" treatment. Target teens or people concerned about anti aging. All I can think now is, if I had discovered Dermalogica at school I'd have been alot happier about myself! :)
x

If I only had £35 and had to choose between a facial or nails, would be the salon facial every time for me.

It's a case of getting them on the couch and once you have them hooked it will be easier. You might have to do an offer or perhaps a package to incite them.

I'm mobile and do lots of facials! Which are my favourite :)
Try doing an offer it'll get people into it once they've had one they'll love it and book up again.good luck.Xx

Why don't you try doing an offer to nail or new customers, something like free taster facial so they get to see how nice the products are & how good your facial is! Then do something like 20% off if they book a full facial?? Just a thought x

We offer free skin care analysis which includes a mini facial but the most popular treatment is free facial with massage. You need to sell the clients concerns. Roseaca, wrinkles, acne scarring. So advertise as such are you concerned about ..... We can help come in for a free consult and we will show you how. The do packages such as 4 weeks to better complexion or how ever long you think it will take for them to see results. And say book in for our treatment plan pay in advance and receive a free treatment as your bonus.

Increase your prices, make your facial the most coveted there is. If you're too cheap people will think it's just that: cheap, and therefore no good. It might very well be a brilliant facial but people are generally suspicious of something when it's very cheap.

Increase your prices, make your facial the most coveted there is. If you're too cheap people will think it's just that: cheap, and therefore no good. It might very well be a brilliant facial but people are generally suspicious of something when it's very cheap.

I couldnt agree more........put up your prices, but sell it as a luxury facial mention all the add ons that you do, I include a foot exfoliation and massage, make it sound an amazing treatment (which I am sure it is)rather than a cheap one, when times are hard I dont think that people always want cheap..they want value for money, at the end of the day if they perceive that you think that the treatment is only worth 20euros then they will think that its not very good. Also if you put up your prices then when times are hard again it gives you somewhere to go...i.e. you can do a special offer and drop the price a litlle.
tinax

As mentioned - pricing :biggrin:. I see you are in Essex, when I lived there quite a while ago £20 ph for a facial would have been cheap. What do local salons in the area charge for a Dermalogica facial? (I do know what you mean about nails though - as nail bars are rammed in Essex :wink2: ). Clients may think it is not the real deal or not as thorough. Also does your passion for them shine through or do you not bother because you think no one's going to buy? Enthusiasm is infectious.

If you do nails all the time it's a perfect opportunity to educate your clients on looking after there skin,you have them there for 45mins-1hour where they can't get away.start off by saying you had a facial go into detail about what happens when you do one,then ask if she has had one before then that's the bit where you drop in the offer xx

Why not offer a discounted facial along with another treatment like a massage or something similar...might get people trying the facials.
I personally love facials and especially Dermalogica but that said if I've only got £20 to spend on a beauty treatment I'm more likely to forego a facial I'm afraid which sadly is also many other people's view point. You just need to change their minds and make it a more "essential" treatment. Target teens or people concerned about anti aging. All I can think now is, if I had discovered Dermalogica at school I'd have been alot happier about myself! :)
x

I'm a teen and I'm terrified of ageing!! Definitely target younger people, wrinkles are a scary thought for all xxx

Thanks for all the replies. I tried doing a salon hour long derm facial for £15 and i had a few people come for that, but they didn't come back when it was full price. I spoke to a couple of them and they said they loved the facial but didn't want to pay that much for it. But when I'm at the salon I have to charge £35 for an hour.

I will definately try talking to other customers about the facials and doing an offer with a massage, I think that's a good idea. I'm also wonfdering abou seeing if I can work for dermalogica somehow, seen as it's their facials and their products that I love most but I have no idea whether you'd do the facials if you did that, or if you'd just be a salesperson. Or what qualifications and things you need.

Latest posts

Back