Not happy with lash lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChloeeR

Reaction score
Evening all
Well tonight was my first paying lash lift and tint since qualifying and I’m not happy with the way they turned out. The client seemed happy which is a relief but she has very fair lashes and never wears mascara and never had them lifted before. She normally has them tinted and asked for blue/black as this is what her daughter used to tint them before she moved abroad.
To start with I seemed to have trouble getting her lashes to stick to the shield, took me an age to get them on there which was confusing me as I haven’t encountered them being so difficult before. I processed the steps for the required time for healthy lashes 4 mins and now wondering whether I should have processed for coarse lashes. I used the small shield.
I don’t think they have curled as much as they should have done - will post pics but please be kind. I am going to message my tutor tomorrow for feedback but thought I would ask you lovely people for your advice too x

Attachments

• 77DDA8FA-C43D-4B50-8894-072CC069C80D.jpeg
    77DDA8FA-C43D-4B50-8894-072CC069C80D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 244
  • DF03E9BD-DA2E-4E94-A53E-B1E0C2C0FE19.jpeg
    DF03E9BD-DA2E-4E94-A53E-B1E0C2C0FE19.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 234
Was your client happy? That is the main concern.

Considering it is your first difficult lift they are ok in my opinion. Query about what are the tiny blobs still present on the lashes? Ensure there is nothing left on them. If it's an aftercare serum with colour ensure it is combed through for a better photograph.

Her lashes are very straight towards the inner corner of her eyes, if not slightly downwards in direction. You have had a successful lift there. My daughter in law has all of her lashes growing downwards and she is my most difficult lift client. Takes me ages to load hers because they are very coarse and they all grow in a downwards direction.

As for the rest of the lashes, as long as you really try to do very straight up loading and neaten them as you go , I think some practice will make perfect. Her right eye has a wayward lash, but don't beat yourself up , it can happen because it is very intense when you seem to fight to get them loaded on the shield.

My timings are totally different to yours. So go with your manual recommendations. Only you know the lash type of this client so judgement will come more easily with a bit more practice.

On my almond eye shape clients, I use the extra small shield or small. I never have used the medium on anyone because most of my ladies like a dramatic look.

I always use blue black , it is the darkest for tinting. So good choice there.

Practice makes perfect, all the best.

Hi Rosie, thanks for your response it has been really helpful.

Yes the client was happy, though she had never had a lash lift before and never wears mascara, so she didn't have anything to compare it to. I charged an offer price too not full price.

I really really struggled to get the adhesive off of the lashes, which is why there is tiny bits left on the lashes. I was really annoyed at that, but wasn't sure how else i could remove it? The system I use has the nourishing serum to take the lashes off of the shield but it hasn't broken down the glue?

To be fair I beat myself up very easily as I like to get it correct and want my clients to be as happy as possible. I'm just frustrated I guess.
The system I am using is the one that was sent as a training kit by my provider, but yesterday I ordered a whole new system from a different company so fingers crossed i will get some better results.

I think it threw me how difficult her lashes were to load onto the shield! She said that her eyebrow hairs are stubborn also.

I have another lift and tint booked in so I will continue to practice. Thanks again x

Hi I would say clean very well make sure they are oil free. I use Salon System lash lift they are ok I use the individual sachets rather than the bottles the times for the lift and set solutions are long 15 mins so quite a long treatment. Do one eye at a time to save time have two timers. The silicon shields have to be close to the lashes and also they should fit I have to trim them sometimes as they are too long. Also try and hold the lashes to the shield for a few seconds to set them to the glue if they are coarse and thick some lashes are easier than others. Try not too use too much glue as this can create a barrier also buy a proper lash lift tool to pull the lashes up. I think the prep is the most important part in any treatment and for your first time well done. You will gain more confidence as you go along good luck and keep practising. I'm not that enamoured by Salon System its ok I've had good results but it just has such a long development time that I wouldn't mind trying sometime else. Good luck and thanks for sharing

You clearly show how you care and want to achieve the best you can for all of your clients. I am glad she was happy with your work.

We all beat ourselves up if we are truly dedicated to improving our craft, I can vouch for that even with my years in the industry. We never stop learning nor wanting to improve and that's a good thing.

A tip for removing glue I was told is that using a cotton bud dampened with water and the excess removed on a tissue. Perform zig zags across the lashes and it should rub away. Moisten a new one when the first bud is used and keep doing it until the glue lifts away.
However your lash lift system is not the same as mine. I use Eyeluvlashes and like LEK my timings are also up to 15 minutes.

Get in touch with your trainer if your manual isn't clear on how to remove all remnants of the glue.
Which system have you gone for BTW ?

keep us posted.

Hi, just want to add something to previous posts. I’m doing lash lifts for over four years and know how hard to work with elderly ladies , you should have different shields and rods , for difficult eye shapes I would use INLEI shields , they are soft and flexible made of higher quality silicone . Also I don’t use glue for shields/rods. I highly recommend to buy Y style brush to get better results

Hi, just want to add something to previous posts. I’m doing lash lifts for over four years and know how hard to work with elderly ladies , you should have different shields and rods , for difficult eye shapes I would use INLEI shields , they are soft and flexible made of higher quality silicone . Also I don’t use glue for shields/rods. I highly recommend to buy Y style brush to get better results

Sorry to jump on here, again.

How do you keep the lashes lifted to the rods/shields without glue? Thanks

I start from the middle holding with my finger inner or outer corner , took me a while to get use to it , no mess with glue on eyelids

I start from the middle holding with my finger inner or outer corner , took me a while to get use to it , no mess with glue on eyelids
Your system sounds revolutionary! Think I’ll have a go on my sister-in-law. (She’s very patient) It can get tricky with older skin to get the rod/shield to sit in the place you can hold it in with fingers but all gets frustrating with the glue step.
So do you glue the lashes to the rod/shield?🤔
...would you mind explaining the steps you do? Thank you. 🙏

Sure , 1. Use lash shampoo , rinse with water . 2.analyse clients lashes , choosing rod or shield ( if client wants L lift with shield or natural curl with rod) 3. Then holding rod / shield in the middle starting lifting lashes with glue by using tool and Y brush for perfect separation 4. Solutions .5 . Tint and work is done 😁. I was practicing on my mum ( older skin) ohhh was hard without glue to hold the shields , but after 5 times I finally got it . Give a try , it might work for you as well

Sure , 1. Use lash shampoo , rinse with water . 2.analyse clients lashes , choosing rod or shield ( if client wants L lift with shield or natural curl with rod) 3. Then holding rod / shield in the middle starting lifting lashes with glue by using tool and Y brush for perfect separation 4. Solutions .5 . Tint and work is done 😁. I was practicing on my mum ( older skin) ohhh was hard without glue to hold the shields , but after 5 times I finally got it . Give a try , it might work for you as well
Thank you,💞 I really appreciate you sharing. Can’t wait to try it out..even if it is tricky to start with!🙏🙏🙏

Thank you,💞 I really appreciate you sharing. Can’t wait to try it out..even if it is tricky to start with!🙏🙏🙏
Post some photos after , I hope that will work for you 🙏🏻

You clearly show how you care and want to achieve the best you can for all of your clients. I am glad she was happy with your work.

We all beat ourselves up if we are truly dedicated to improving our craft, I can vouch for that even with my years in the industry. We never stop learning nor wanting to improve and that's a good thing.

A tip for removing glue I was told is that using a cotton bud dampened with water and the excess removed on a tissue. Perform zig zags across the lashes and it should rub away. Moisten a new one when the first bud is used and keep doing it until the glue lifts away.
However your lash lift system is not the same as mine. I use Eyeluvlashes and like LEK my timings are also up to 15 minutes.

Get in touch with your trainer if your manual isn't clear on how to remove all remnants of the glue.

keep us posted.

keep us posted.
Thank you, I continue to practice, I have changed the system I use now and have converted to Airlift Lashes by Lashart. I did them on myself first and was pleased with the result and have since used it on another client and got a great result also. Further set booked in tomorrow. I have been watching so many youtube videos on lash lifts and read all comments and posts on here in a bid to always get better.

Hi I would say clean very well make sure they are oil free. I use Salon System lash lift they are ok I use the individual sachets rather than the bottles the times for the lift and set solutions are long 15 mins so quite a long treatment. Do one eye at a time to save time have two timers. The silicon shields have to be close to the lashes and also they should fit I have to trim them sometimes as they are too long. Also try and hold the lashes to the shield for a few seconds to set them to the glue if they are coarse and thick some lashes are easier than others. Try not too use too much glue as this can create a barrier also buy a proper lash lift tool to pull the lashes up. I think the prep is the most important part in any treatment and for your first time well done. You will gain more confidence as you go along good luck and keep practising. I'm not that enamoured by Salon System its ok I've had good results but it just has such a long development time that I wouldn't mind trying sometime else. Good luck and thanks for sharing
Hi! What is your favorite lash lift glue?

Hi I use the Salon System one I get it from Capital Hair and Beauty its £16 including tax I also use it for eyebrow lamination it is very good but it does dry up very quickly so does't last very long Its the only one I've tried so not anything else to compare it to it does the job though .

to remove the glue I wet a cotton pad and squeeze most of the water out so it is only slightly damp and wipe upwards with the lash

Do you all tint with the shields still on

Latest posts

Back