Not happy with my L&P pink and whites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazapoppy

Reaction score
Hi
I've just completed a set of l&p pink n whites and I'm not happy with how they looked but don't know how to make them better.( ps the client loved them- total footballers wives nails lol)
I've been doing l&p from nov and am happy using clear but for glitter tips and white tips they are just too bulky and I'm so frustrated because I want them to look natural and fine.
I did have lifting problems which after reading and rereading nailclass feel I have really improved and have now little to none.
My cousins gets her done by a girl qualified 8 years and the are beautiful - I want mine to look like that..😥
Anyway sorry this is so long winded but I now use a lot less product but now my white seams patchy, i file most of the product away (for rebalances only ) and they still look bulky.
I looked at my cousins nails and the free edge was a lovely tapered white, and you could only see white,but when I file the free edge on mine it breaks through the white and you can see the natural nail/ tip ( if you know what I mean).
Please any advise would be great, I just want to produce beautiful nails.xx😥

Hi hun,

Going on what you've said about your cousins nails they sound like they have been sculpted which would explain why they look white at the free edge.

As for yours looking bulky do you have any pictures you could post so we could see what you mean? The enhancement should look like a bridge.

You're doing the right thing by reading and following Nailclass.
Rhiannon x

Hi hun,

Going on what you've said about your cousins nails they sound like they have been sculpted which would explain why they look white at the free edge.

As for yours looking bulky do you have any pictures you could post so we could see what you mean? The enhancement should look like a bridge.

You're doing the right thing by reading and following Nailclass.
Rhiannon x

Hi Rhiannon
Thanks for your reply, yeah I never thought they could be sculpted. I do have a picture but I'm nearly embarrassed to post it, but I suppose it's the only way to learn, so here goes ... Ps ive used purely pink masque by NSI as she had damage from a previous tech.. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335108533.394352.jpg

Hi Rhiannon
Thanks for your reply, yeah I never thought they could be sculpted. I do have a picture but I'm nearly embarrassed to post it, but I suppose it's the only way to learn, so here goes ... Ps ive used purely pink masque by NSI as she had damage from a previous tech.. View attachment 14160

It would help the overall look if you brought the side walls in. File the sides of the tip before white application to slim down the tip.

It would help the overall look if you brought the side walls in. File the sides of the tip before white application to slim down the tip.

Hi Marion
Do you mean file them in slightly narrower than usual then the white/ glitter will not look as bulky - yes that makes sense, do you sort of wrap the acrylic around to reseal the edges, if you no what a mean??

I agree it looks like you need to file the sidewalls more tapered:) If you file them straight from the growth channels and don't pinch they will look flared. Look at youngnails videos on youtube, Greg does gorgeous looking tapered nails!:)

Another thing is that the acrylic doen't seem very "arch" like on the nail. You might need to apply a little more product in the cuticle area to blend it more in with the natural nail.

Good luck:)

Thanks I will have a look at gregs videos any advice is appreciated.😃

Hi Rhiannon
Thanks for your reply, yeah I never thought they could be sculpted. I do have a picture but I'm nearly embarrassed to post it, but I suppose it's the only way to learn, so here goes ... Ps ive used purely pink masque by NSI as she had damage from a previous tech.. View attachment 14160

Have you been on acrylic course ??

Have you been on acrylic course ??
Yes I have an intensive course ( really just gave me the basics) and a one to one with NSI. I know I still have a long way to go I think I will get back with my NSI trainor..

with NSI was it "material course" or the ful acrylic appling course?

If you had a full couse, and you only got basics from there - go and demand more, just say that you didn't get enough knowledge to offer nail tech services.
You do need to learn the shape of the nails and building nails on different nailbeds.

This might help a litte:
420490_10150549755347280_677792279_8812972_1564388212_n.jpg

^^^^^^^ Didnt get anything like that in my training in my supposed intensive course.....even more reasons i know it was a pile of rubbish lol xxx

^^^^^^^ Didnt get anything like that in my training in my supposed intensive course.....even more reasons i know it was a pile of rubbish lol xxx

Yes mine too babezone, I had to start from scratch, thanks for that Andrea I will print it off..cx

Totally agree with what everyone has said about the sidewalls.

I see what you mean now you've posted the pic, you need to aim for a bridge like shape when you look from the side of the nail. So nice and thin melting into the cuticle, up to the apex in the centre where the stress zone is and going back to thin at the free edge (obviously not too thin or it'll break)

Here's some pics of the nail my CND educator did on me on my conversion course, hope it helps my explanation cos I'm not very good at explaining!

Rhiannon x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335130696.251607.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335130696.251607.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 366
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335130724.510395.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335130724.510395.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 348
Totally agree with what everyone has said about the sidewalls.

I see what you mean now you've posted the pic, you need to aim for a bridge like shape when you look from the side of the nail. So nice and thin melting into the cuticle, up to the apex in the centre where the stress zone is and going back to thin at the free edge (obviously not too thin or it'll break)

Here's some pics of the nail my CND educator did on me on my conversion course, hope it helps my explanation cos I'm not very good at explaining!

Rhiannon x

The Top view picture is also not the best ref. Sides are a bit off -too wide.
sideview picture... im not 100% sure neighter ( Ive been thought that sides have to be straight from sideview...on the picture its aiming down...) Is it built nail or just gel on own nail?

Rhiannon Andream
Thanks..... for the pics u posted thry are so more the nail I want to create, thanks for the visual, it really shows where I am going wrong, I also looked at some videos and they all seam to blot the white before they placed it on the nail, so I tried it on some tips and it made the white easier to mould

Sorry i hit send by mistake.xx😃

Have a look through Greg Salo's video tutorials on the Young Nails website or on You Tube. They will help you a lot and you can watch them over and over again :D

Have a look through Greg Salo's video tutorials on the Young Nails website or on You Tube. They will help you a lot and you can watch them over and over again :D

I was just looking at some last night, he is so good and makes it look so easy, I will definately be watching more and just when i thought it couldn't get any worse I just dropped my glaze n go and smashed it.. Ahhh

The Top view picture is also not the best ref. Sides are a bit off -too wide.
sideview picture... im not 100% sure neighter ( Ive been thought that sides have to be straight from sideview...on the picture its aiming down...) Is it built nail or just gel on own nail?

Excuse me, I'm going to make allowances for language difference here and not blast you for being rude, just point out to you that your word choices have come across as very rude.
I have been trained in nails for a few years now and yes, when you attach the tip, you do so at a downward sloping angle, however that is by the by, the picture was picked to show how to build an arch and it does that very well.
It also shows a very good line of light, lovely finish and imo it was kind of the geek to post a photo to better demonstrate the improvements that the original poster was asking help about.
To the original poster, I to have had 121 training with NSI and found it to be very helpful. Nothing helps your confidence more than a bit of good personal training and you really are very nearly there. Just a little bit more work with your file to straighten those side walls and you will see for yourself how much slimmer your nails will look.
To build a better arch, when you apply your second bead, make sure you are holding the nail at a slightly downward angle, allow time for the bead to settle and then pat and push it into place working from the middle of the nail to one side and then the other, so that you are not flattening it from the top. Then lightly pull your brush from zone three, (cuticle) up to zone one (free edge), this just makes sure there are no gaps, before moving on to your final bead which you place at the end of zone two, now this bead needs to be smaller and again you are going to use a pat push motion with your brush, so that the product is very thin where the cuticle is. Then again lightly pull your brush from the cuticle to the free edge, what you want to achieve here is an invisible finish, so that as the nail grows out, the only thing that shows where the natural nail and the enhancement meet is that the enhancement will be shiny. To do this you want your brush to be nearly flat to the nail otherwise you will just scoop up the product from zone 3 and dump it in zone two.
hth x

Latest posts

Back