Not having all the treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
Can you tell me if you charge a percentage for clients who book treatments with you then they decide when they come they only want one treatment. For example I work from home and byappointments only so If a client books in for nails and toes then decides just to have nails when they come do you charge a small cancellation fee because they haven't given 24hrs notice because I could of offered this space to someone else. Tbh I need to do something because im loosing money and I think this might stop clients canceling on the day and they will givee more notice.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Personally, I do, yes. But, I think you have to be very careful how you tell clients who may be prone to this, as they are still sending some money and not cancelling all together.
I posted it on my FB page, and in my reminder text to clients I added a shorter version on the end - basically saying it's fine if they no longer require a long appointment, but if they do not give me 24 hours notice I will have to take a charge of 25%.
I text about 48-36 hours before so that gives me at least 24 hours to replace the appt.

I felt really harsh at first, but I think I charged 2 or 3 ladies and nothing since. People soon learn, nobody wants to pay for something they aren't receiving.

How about making it clear verbally when they book the treatments?

When new clients book in there a few things that I go through with them that are on my website, but I don't rely on that. Having the conversation at the time of booking will help these situations to reduce, but it's still a good idea to have the back up plan and if this is how you want to address it then make it part of your conditions when taking a booking.

Latest posts

Back