Not impressed with creative shop stamper

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzyBee12

Reaction score
I ordered it from Rainbow Connections after seeing people rave about it. After trying it yesterday it just won't pick up like my cheapy eBay stamper! I haven't primed it as I read you didn't need to with it so I don't want to damage it just yet. Any ideas?View attachment 83737

I thought exactly the same! People raved about it so I invested and my old stamper still seems to out do it 😕 xx

Me too! It skews and smudges where as my squishy cheapo £3 stamper is perfect!

Feeling a bit peed off I've spent £11 including postage on the stupid thing now.

No need to prime it, definitely no acetone on it. Use a lint roller to clean it off. ...how are you picking up the image? I assumed because it's squishy that I should press down but found it smudged so I gently roll it to pick up the image and it works perfectly. Did take me some getting used to how to hold it though as the holder is quite different from my XL squishy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used a flash magic wipe to prep mine at first then use a lint roller after each use. Must say its better than my moyou one

Tried all suggestions last night already with no luck. Not impressed at all! Still think the original cheapy picks up better

I've looked on eBay at these, which one would you recommend please?

I have a cheap stamper and the creative one. My creative is much better. It just took me a while to find a technique that worked with it.
I didn't know not to use acetone though, and have been using it like my old one! How are people cleaning up those little extra bits of unwanted pattern, if not using acetone?
My biggest problem is sourcing colours with enough pigment. I think I need to invest in a good black.

I'm just not feeling it at all. Much prefer my existing one.

I have a cheap stamper and the creative one. My creative is much better. It just took me a while to find a technique that worked with it.
I didn't know not to use acetone though, and have been using it like my old one! How are people cleaning up those little extra bits of unwanted pattern, if not using acetone?
My biggest problem is sourcing colours with enough pigment. I think I need to invest in a good black.

I use a lint roller to clean mine, just stamp the stamper on it and it comes off easily. Only ever used acetone to clean the plate never the stamper

Why would you not clean the stamper with acetone? xx

I was wondering the same. So far I've not spotted any damage. I also use a brush dipped in acetone to remove excess pattern from the stamper which I don't want. I'll be interested to see the answer :)

The acetone apparently damages the stamping head. It gives it an almost pitted appearance with tiny little pock marks which in turn affects the image pickup x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My Creative Stamper has "just" arrived! Unfortunately, the supplier did not sell the plates so I will most likely be waiting another month for my ebay purchases to arrive on the slow boat from China. My local beauty supply doesn't sell them either!
I bought a selection: Konad, Moyou and some no-name one's. Do the branded one's actually work better or are they all the same?
I seem to be hearing all about the stamper being the important part but not too much about the plates themselves. The prices really vary as well. It would be interesting to hear some feedback about how the plates perform.

So far for me my cheap eBay stamper works best with moyou or born pretty plates and konad Polish. So I think from now on I'm sticking to these.

I love my creative shop stamper, mine stamped perfectly straight out of the box no priming needed.

Latest posts

Back